Crowd Trouble @ Selhurst Park

maqroll

I would guess ...... we scored in last minute, Ref ruled it out, Villa fans get angry (like the rest of us), stewards get heavy and clash, police join in, everybody calms down and that's it ...... no real story ?

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Stewards winding up villa fans up after the goal according to my mate who was in the thick of it.

Doesn't excuse throwing punches does it? People in that video should be ashamed of themselves. The met seem to be enjoying doling out their own form of justice though, nothing new there.

Edited by Davkaus

Poor form from Villa fans there. Come on, it's a game, no need to get involved with stewards like that. 

Looks like a few coppers totally misjudging the situation as well. Going wading into an away crowd with batons is not going to end well at all. It's just going to rile everyone up. 

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Doesn't excuse throwing punches does it? People in that video should be ashamed of themselves. The met seem to be enjoying doling out their own form of justice though, nothing new there.

I never said it did.

29 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Someone in twitter saying engles and guilbert were getting involved trying to calm it down!?

Thats on vid if you watch em all.

Can't excuse that behaviour - but the stewarding ain't great either does seem a couple a loose it and start trading blows

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A few banning orders will be issued. It boils my piss how stewards and cops get away with it though. 

They shouldn't , if there is video evidence and witnesses then the  people who are affected should press charges. A phone call to the police is all it needs.

33 minutes ago, tinker said:

They shouldn't , if there is video evidence and witnesses then the  people who are affected should press charges. A phone call to the police is all it needs.

And you think anything will come of it? It will be brushed under the carpet per usual . 

There's a clip somewhere of the little steward with the bald head in the black and silver flicking the V's at the Villa fans after the goal. No excuse for the behaviour that followed, but between him and Kevin Friend, they've created the incident. I'm sure we'll see them both held to account. As sure as I am that my unicorn is called Colin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a clip somewhere of the little steward with the bald head in the black and silver flicking the V's at the Villa fans after the goal. No excuse for the behaviour that followed, but between him and Kevin Friend, they've created the incident. I'm sure we'll see them both held to account. As sure as I am that my unicorn is called Colin.

Scroll down Gary Lineker's tweet to see the clip.

Â