Which league is the best?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which league is the best?

• Premiere League (Eng)
    • La Liga (Spa)
    • Serie A (Ita)
    • Ligue 1 (Fra)
    • Other (which one)

After I replied to CVByrnes post about why the PL is so popular I started to wonder which league the lot in here thinks is the best. So here is the great poll we've all been waiting for. :D (Which I'm sure have been done before, but I couldn'tfind it)

I think the PL is the best, but it's a very close call with La Liga.But still, the english game is pacier, the most of the best players play there and I enjoy the game in itself a lot more.

La Liga is better, better technique better style of play. Too many limited teams in the prem that are rubbish to watch at least the poor sides in La Liga try to pass the ball.

Agreed. Teams like Villareal and Sevilla can become successful in the league and europe by not actually spending huge amounts and selling their best players.

I do think the gap has closed in recent years but La Liga for me still.

I enjoy the PL more but I think La Liga is the better one football wise.

Ditto.

Didnt vote at all because im not sure you mean what you enjoy the most or what you find the best footballing wise.

Daventry and Disctrict Tuesday Night 7-a-side League. For entertainment (we won 8-0 last week), quality (me) and crowd atmosphere (theres always this chap walking his dog).

However, in terms of the namby pamby professional league, it HAS to be the Premiership. Much better quality in depth. Granted, Barcalona vs Real Madrid is fantastic to watch, but so is Arsenal vs Liverpool... and beyond the top teams, the entertainment and quality is much better throughout the league in the PL. Example: which would you rather watch, Everton vs Reading or Valladolid vs Racing Santander?

The Premier League is the most over-rated, the top three are very good teams, all the rest(including ourselves) are either mediocre at best or very poor.La Liga for me has a better depth of quality throughout.

How many of you would be confident that we could beat a comparable La Liga team, i.e Seville who are currently seventh.I would not fancy our chances one bit.

I voted PL because I enjoy it the most, but it all comes down to how you define best really. The PL is fast and exciting, Serie A is technically very good, La Liga has plenty of quality. Or do you look at strength in depth, maybe how good the bottom teams in each league are to show this? Or how many different teams can actually realistically compete for the title? Maybe you look at which one has the highest number of world class players, it's impossible to define really so you can't ever hope to have a definitive answer on this.

myth there mate, how is the PL greater in strenth in depth when the same 4 teams with the odd exception are in the top 4, you don't get that in La Liga

OK, Arsenal Man Utd and Chelsea are way ahead of the others, but the race for the 4th spot is still interesting... and it's only been the last few seasons it's been that top 4... go back a few years and there was Blackburn, Newcastle, Villa, Tottenham, West Ham... various teams at the top... this 'top 4' thing might not even last for a great deal longer, with various teams building to challenge.

La Liga has possibly better quality in the Uefa Cup spots, but beyond the top few the quality is very poor. The games between the mid-table teams are often rather dull and lacking quality.

That's a subjective view, people living in england might find Bolton v Wigan more interesting than a mid table clash in Italy or Spain but people living in those countries probably won't so I agree with Robo.

Over the last 5 years the likes of Celta Vigo, Depor, Valencia, Real Betis, Sevilla and Villareal have all finished in the top 4 and gone on to do very well in european competitions, some of those clubs spending very little in the process and indeed Sevilla selling their best players (Ramos, Baptista and Reyes).

I think the difference is the scouting by La Liga clubs is far superior to most in the premiership.

Â