Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 22:59

Just now, Eastie said:

Apparently var is not allowed to overturn it because the referee had already blew for the dive , which was an incorrect decision And therefore denied a goal so what the **** is the point of var ?

He should have let the play continue and if we got any advantage from it  then ask for a review of it, last seconds of the game, you can't be getting decisions like that wrong. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Yes he did, meaning VAR can't intervene with the goal being allowed or not. If he blew after the ball went in, like he is supposed to, then it would have went to VAR to see whether or not a goal should have been given. Friend didn't let the game play on, he had basically already made his mind up in a split second that Jack had dived, despite no appeal and Jack not even looking towards him. Funny how Cahill was the one holding his leg like he'd been injured.

As I said previously, Jack has a reputation, referees will be out to "get him" to show their authority. Bunch of Representatives for Wellingborough.

Was typing something similar and missed your comment. You're right – VAR can't overrule if the whistle has gone. But watching those little clips, it seems Friend certainly doesn't have the whistle to his lips when the ball reaches Lansbury. Makes it look like he suddenly thought "Shit, better nip this in the bud quick!"

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Apparently var is not allowed to overturn it because the referee had already blew for the dive , which was an incorrect decision And therefore denied a goal so what the **** is the point of var ?

I think they passed thar rule at 4.48pm today !!

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Agreed. VAR should be able to be used at any time. Works beautifully in rugby, but the difference is that rugby has excellent referees.

• Like 1

i am really trying to let go of the referee CHEATING  (not completely successful yet as you can tell)  But Smith needs to shake up our starting line-up.

MIngs was sloppy far too often.  Give Ezra a chance

Jota doesn't have the pace to start in this league.  give El Gazi a go

Jack MUST learn to play quicker, make the point to the team by starting Lansbury (or Conor)

Douglas doesn't do enough, let Marvelous try.

Even if one of those works badly, the manager needs to make the point that you perform well or you can be replaced.  It has to be the truth and it has to be obvious to the team.

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Agreed. VAR should be able to be used at any time. Works beautifully in rugby, but the difference is that rugby has excellent referees.

VAR should work as appeals do in cricket. Each captain should have two appeals allowed in each half so that they can ask for any decision of any sort to be reviewed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

That looked bloody harsh on you today.

Overall no - not good enough.

but we did get the ball in the net for an undeserved equiliser - the reason for the goal not standing is incredibly feeble

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Smith interview out yet?

Apparently Dean Smith has just confirmed on BBC 5 LIVE that it was a dive. 100% correct decision from Ref.

*edit, INCORRECT information 

Edited by Kingman
  • Haha 1

Awful decision, makes me feel like we're a target for referee's as it's the second one in four games that's struck me as being suspect.  Hopefully this will even itself out over the course of the season but it concerns me as teams who get relegated almost always get "bad luck" like this...biggest surprise is the Gary Lineker tweet - we might actually get some positive coverage on MOTD tonight...pity it doesn't help our points total...

Edited by Darth Villa

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

i am really trying to let go of the referee CHEATING  (not completely successful yet as you can tell)  But Smith needs to shake up our starting line-up.

MIngs was sloppy far too often.  Give Ezra a chance

Jota doesn't have the pace to start in this league.  give El Gazi a go

Jack MUST learn to play quicker, make the point to the team by starting Lansbury (or Conor)

Douglas doesn't do enough, let Marvelous try.

Even if one of those works badly, the manager needs to make the point that you perform well or you can be replaced.  It has to be the truth and it has to be obvious to the team.

I think we are overdoing the passing the game alot of the players seem to plod around the pitch. We have zero pace.

So the Jack’s yellow was for diving and not for an alleged foul on Cahill? Not that I think it was a foul, far from it, but maybe Friend saw it as one?

Just trying to comprehend the thinking behind such an appalling decision. This really needs to be looked at.

Not sure that we can consider Palace one of our fellow relegation candidates as people are saying. They came into the game with the 3rd highest points in the PL in 2019. If they keep Zaha they'll be up there trying to break the top 6.

Ayew's goal was very lucky in how he ricocheted it through Mings and Grealish before a very good finish.

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Apparently Dean Smith has just confirmed on BBC 5 LIVE that it was a dive. 100% correct decision from Ref.

You really need to stop listening to whoever's telling you this.

On the Beeb Smith said there was nothing wrong with the goal, he originally thought the referee had given us a free kick, but he's baffled why it didn't stand and that he thought the yellow cards in the first half were very wrongly distributed. He stopped short of calling Friend what he is, but he looked like he really wanted to.

Â