Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 22:59

Every single pundit has asked why VAR hasn't corrected the decision and have said Friend has made an awful decision! Mean feck all though if we were to be relegated by 1pt!!!  Which we won't :)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10260230/Paul-Lambert-reports-referee-Kevin-Friend-to-officials-board-following-Aston-Villas-2-1-defeat-by-Chelsea.html

Paul Lambert reports referee Kevin Friend to officials board following Aston Villa's 2-1 defeat by Chelsea
Paul Lambert has made a complaint to referee's chief Mike Riley over the performance of Kevin Friend in Aston Villa's controversial defeat to Chelsea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, andym said:

This level of opposition? A team who are now in their 7th consecutive season in the Prem while we have only just made it back.

I just dont get the idea that we should easily be beating these sides on their own patch, and then if we dont its the end of the world.

That said we were shit (though its the first game ive thought we were shit throughout) but even then it should have been a point, because that is as bad a call by the ref as you will ever see.

So basically your saying we will only beat the teams that have just come up??  I think we are fooked then!

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

?? - He did a plan b - Davis - the fact that you didn't like the plan b and the plan b didn't work - doesn't mean he didn't have one.

Chucking a big lump of a striker on is plan b? Ok. More like I don’t have a clue what to do. 

9 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

I'll be honest here... that did look like a dive. You can see Grealish leaves his left foot dragging along the ground from before Cahill makes contact, and the moment of 'impact' is conveniently obscured on the replay by the referee. Obviously can't tell for certain as the replay isn't great, but it does look like a dive. I'm not sure VAR would have overturned the ref's decision.

Trezeguet's two bookings were also fair enough. Not saying the referee was without fault by any stretch of the imagination - the inconsistency in bookings was ridiculous. 

We were up against it all game and Palace were the better side. We didn't deserve any points from that game anyway. Move on to the next game.

If it was a dive then why was Cahill rubbing his shin frantically after Grealish supposedly dived over it ?!!!! 

3 minutes ago, andym said:

This level of opposition? A team who are now in their 7th consecutive season in the Prem while we have only just made it back.

I just dont get the idea that we should easily be beating these sides on their own patch, and then if we dont its the end of the world.

That said we were shit (though its the first game ive thought we were shit throughout) but even then it should have been a point, because that is as bad a call by the ref as you will ever see.

Absolutely not what I'm saying, quite the opposite.

But Palace is one of the teams that I expect to finish bottom half, and we looked miles behind them which is worrying as they didn't play a good game today by their standards.

I've stated all along that this will be a very difficult season and that I'd happily take 17th.

• Like 2

Â