Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 22:59

Var was supposedly brought in to stop this shit from happening - serious questions must be asked of friend and the var controllers - we were awful today and very poor but that was Cheating by friend 

• Like 1

Just seem it on twitter. Jack does go down but it's because a) he stretched to make the pass and b) he was fouled not once but twice. Referee had a great view but there's obviously a few quid sitting in a foreign bank for the corrupt, bent word removed. I hope a tree falls on his car on the way home. 

That is possibly the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. Kevin Friend is an absolute joke of a referee. 

Does anyone agree with me that VAR is an absolute joke now? What is the point in VAR if teams are still getting screwed over by ridiculous referees. 

• Like 4

We probably didn't deserve a point but that late ref blunder certainly cost us one ...... stonewall penalty and the ref will know that when he sees it this evening !

Villa moved the ball forward reasonably well but the final ball was lacking ...... as in there generally wasn't one. We failed to put enough crosses over and we lacked an incisive runner to slip passes through to ...... so we reverted to passing back to the half way line again and again !

My main concern at the moment is Wesley. He may have potential but you'd need to drop to at least League One to find a level where he would be considered a threat. He lacks pace, he lacks strength, he lacks aerial prowess and he simply is way off the pace for this level. Davis offered far more in the short time he was on and deserves to start the next game if its a choice between him and Wesley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

perhaps you can tell me then - does the game stop for a dive ? - I always thought you played on then booked the player ?

used to be referees discretion.  I haven't kept up with rule changes the past few years.  There were a lot this summer.  So to can't say with certainty.  

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

?? - He did a plan b - Davis - the fact that you didn't like the plan b and the plan b didn't work - doesn't mean he didn't have one.

To be fair if the rules of the game applied it would have bought us a point. Surely a complaint to the FA over Friend is warranted?

I'll be honest here... that did look like a dive. You can see Grealish leaves his left foot dragging along the ground from before Cahill makes contact, and the moment of 'impact' is conveniently obscured on the replay by the referee. Obviously can't tell for certain as the replay isn't great, but it does look like a dive. I'm not sure VAR would have overturned the ref's decision.

Trezeguet's two bookings were also fair enough. Not saying the referee was without fault by any stretch of the imagination - the inconsistency in bookings was ridiculous. 

We were up against it all game and Palace were the better side. We didn't deserve any points from that game anyway. Move on to the next game.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Did they even use VAR for that? What a **** joke.

No it doesn't even seem they bothered with VAR, the referee should of gone over to look at the incident on a monitor or something, i mean wtf is this ?

1 minute ago, MadridVilla said:

I'll be honest here... that did look like a dive. You can see Grealish leaves his left foot dragging along the ground from before Cahill makes contact, and the moment of 'impact' is conveniently obscured on the replay by the referee. Obviously can't tell for certain as the replay isn't great, but it does look like a dive. I'm not sure VAR would have overturned the ref's decision.

Trezeguet's two bookings were also fair enough. Not saying the referee was without fault by any stretch of the imagination - the inconsistency in bookings was ridiculous. 

We were up against it all game and Palace were the better side. We didn't deserve any points from that game anyway. Move on to the next game.

I don't think we were any worse for trez going off - he was having zero impact.

• Like 1

Â