Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Does anyone know if he blew for the "dive" before the ball went in?

Yes he did, meaning VAR can't intervene with the goal being allowed or not. If he blew after the ball went in, like he is supposed to, then it would have went to VAR to see whether or not a goal should have been given. Friend didn't let the game play on, he had basically already made his mind up in a split second that Jack had dived, despite no appeal and Jack not even looking towards him. Funny how Cahill was the one holding his leg like he'd been injured.

As I said previously, Jack has a reputation, referees will be out to "get him" to show their authority. Bunch of Representatives for Wellingborough.

• Like 1

Just now, LancsVillan said:

Wembley 2010 should have been a red runs it close for incompetence 

I think this is miles worse. probably wasn't a dive, the opposition player fell over as well, then do you stop the game for a dive ? - and then it didn't go to VAR ? - About 5 calls went against us.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So basically your saying we will only beat the teams that have just come up??  I think we are fooked then!

Obviously not lol. Its just the attitude that we should be doing these sides away from home no problem, seems the players felt the same today...

I'd love to know how the FA will manage this, VAR is supposed to be the safety net to stop these things happening. Will they put their hands up and say the ref made a bad call with the challenge and then another not getting VAR to check it? 

I assume ref must have blown before the goal as VAR would have automatically checked it.

2 minutes ago, privateer said:

99% sure I heard the whistle before Lansbury put it in.

Thanks. That would make VAR an irrelevance in that case (so at least solve that part of the mystery). Of course, it would also make it an even worse decision by Kevin Friend – not only booking Grealish for a non-existent dive, but totally ignoring the protocol about letting goal scoring situations play out so they can be checked by VAR.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Sadly I'm not shocked after seeing the video, even incompetence doesn't cover it We've been cheated good and proper.

Agreed, that wasn't incompetence that was cheating. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

The decision is shocking but the fact var isn’t over turning it is beyond a joke. Seriously wtf!?

Apparently var is not allowed to overturn it because the referee had already blew for the dive , which was an incorrect decision And therefore denied a goal so what the **** is the point of var ?

• Like 2

Davis did more than Wesley in the short time he was on; Luiz was poor, would Nakamba be better.

Very disjointed generally, and lacking fight and aggressive attacking intent.

We will have a few games like this, but hopefully we are still learning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Thanks. That would make VAR an irrelevance in that case (so at least solve that part of the mystery). Of course, it would also make it an even worse decision by Kevin Friend – not only booking Grealish for a non-existent dive, but totally ignoring the protocol about letting goal scoring situations play out so they can be checked by VAR.

ding ding ding

3 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

If it was a dive then why was Cahill rubbing his shin frantically after Grealish supposedly dived over it ?!!!! 

That's a good question - I didn't see that. Possible he was trying to claim Grealish had fouled him, but that would be tenuous. More likely that there was contact, but the camera was obscured by the referee.

Regardless the goal probably should have stood - Villa gained no advantage from it as Grealish had already played the ball.

Â