Weekends Football 31 August/1 September

andykeenan

1 minute ago, useless said:

If Southampton hang on to this draw it will mean they go above us, and we will be just one point ahead of the bottom three going into the 3pm kick-offs.

If we win we go past Man Utd. I'd take that

4 minutes ago, useless said:

If Southampton hang on to this draw it will mean they go above us, and we will be just one point ahead of the bottom three going into the 3pm kick-offs.

S'all good. We're like 4 games into the season lol.

• Like 1

Cardiff fans probably said similar at the start of last season, they ended up getting relegated after finishing just two points behind Brighton. The point being that points that you lose, or that your rivals win can make a big difference to the final outcome of the Premier league, whether the points have been won or lost at the beginning of the season or the end.

• Like 1

Cardiff fans probably said similar at the start of last season, they ended up getting relegated after finishing just two points behind Brighton. The point being that points that you lose, or that your rivals win can make a big difference to the final outcome of the Premier league, whether the points have been won or lost at the beginning of the season or the end.

Cardiff's problem was they didn't win a game until October 20th. That's always a problem for newly promoted teams if you don't win in first 2-3 months and you're playing catch up.

Everton win was huge mentally, I think we can win 0-1 today and then it's looking a pretty good start to the season.

I know what you're saying. But... if we go down it's because we ultimately deserve to go down. If our season is defined by Southampton taking a point against Man United then so be it, we failed. We can't influence what happens, and I'll always find it funny seeing Man United struggle no matter who they play, even if they are "relegation rivals", especially when it's far too early to even define us and Southampton as relegation rivals.

• Like 1

On the equivalent round of games last season Brighton drew with Fulham, and Cardiff lost to Arsenal, if Cardiff had have won that game they wouldn't have been relegated, so yes games this early in the season can ultimately cost a club dearly.

We just need to look after ourselves....Palace, West Ham, Arsenal, Burnley, Norwich, Brighton our run up to November. Arsenal to me only one we're sure to lose so think it's possible we can pick up 10-12 points from the others (although probably need a win today to do that).

If we have 15 points by start of November we should be good 5-6 points clear of 18th.

• Like 1

Â