Zatman

Cameron Archer

7 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Did you mean you’d never heard of him either, or you also have nice early touches?

Both😎

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Reminded me of a young Defoe. 

don't tempt me........yes,yes,yes,yes.yes.yes please, god willing.

"You won't win anything with kids." He's a bit older than he was in that clip now though and it's great to see Dean giving him an early taste of first team football.

Good luck lad, I would settle for you becoming another Defoe, another Pele is setting the bar a little high! 😊

Seems to have appeared from nowhere, this lad.

I can't even remember SGC mentioning him.

12 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I hope we give him a chance. Not sure how, but we've mismanaged a lot of players before. I don't want this guy be one of them, nor Davis or the others.

I feel like the majority of our mismanagement of youngsters over the last 10 years has been over-relying on them. An example that comes to mind, is that a lot of people said that Weimann would have benefitted from a few loans instead of being relied on as part of our Gabby/Benteke/Weimann front three in a relegation battle.

This is something that I don’t think our youngsters will suffer from anymore. We have a good squad that should allow for fleeting appearances in the first team, or loans to League Two/One clubs.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I feel like the majority of our mismanagement of youngsters over the last 10 years has been over-relying on them. An example that comes to mind, is that a lot of people said that Weimann would have benefitted from a few loans instead of being relied on as part of our Gabby/Benteke/Weimann front three in a relegation battle.

This is something that I don’t think our youngsters will suffer from anymore. We have a good squad that should allow for fleeting appearances in the first team, or loans to League Two/One clubs.

Actually that was Weimann level, he exceeded his potential by then.

He’s a good poacher but thats it. We relied on him as a winger, so in the end he was found out.

Gabby on the other hand has a good pace in him. So even though he goes in a bad spells, still have something to offer.

All of our managers were cowards in terms of giving chances to young players.

Sometimes you don’t even have another choice, yet the get a player out of position.

Now its hard to give youngsters the chance in midfield or defence. But in the attacking side there are opportunities. I don’t think that the odd appearance for Archer would harm alot. He would give us a new dimension as a small striker. Same goes for some wingers (not sure if Ramsey plays there). We’re in short of squad at these areas so would be helpful to give them some chances.

But loans are important, early ones actually. Grealish (although exceptional) but he was loaned when he was 16.

16-18 is the right time to start loaning players to league 2 or below. At 20-21 he should be around Championship to have the chance to be a PL quality early on.

When things are going wrong, I don’t think there is better than trying new faces.

We had the last couple of months in the year we relegated then the first year down there.

Those times was the best to integrate players and systems yet we kept playing senior players without any look at the future.

Personally I think 16 is far too young as a general rule to loan players out, and Jack had just turned 18 when he went on loan to Notts County, not 16..

6 hours ago, holtend4life said:

Personally I think 16 is far too young as a general rule to loan players out, and Jack had just turned 18 when he went on loan to Notts County, not 16..

I think you have to be at least 18 to be loaned out unless some exemption

12 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Reminded me of a 1970 Pele. 

I believe he counts all the goals he scores on his official total as well ;)

Wasn’t Rashford 18 when he only got thrown on in Europa game because all of the strikers were injured. 

Sometimes you just need that big chance. 

I know he's young so obviously he would want to impress, especially as it was his debut and he's going to give it his all, running on adrenaline, but I was impressed with his willingness to close the opposition down. If he keeps that up, coupled with his pace, I think we'll see some effective performances from him.

Â