Whoscored Ratings

omariqy

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Its got Jack Grealish as the shortest player in the squad, can we trust this site?

Theres no way Neil Taylor and John McGinn are taller than him, unless McGinn is always crouching? I would have bet my life Grealish is taller

Not having it:

Image result for john mcginn and jack grealish

Probably Wikipedia as same measurements for several players I checked

Edited by Kiwivillan

9 hours ago, Junxs said:

Its got Jack Grealish as the shortest player in the squad, can we trust this site?

Theres no way Neil Taylor and John McGinn are taller than him, unless McGinn is always crouching? I would have bet my life Grealish is taller

Not having it:

Image result for john mcginn and jack grealish

different angle..

hbvlrzN.jpg

I don't think there is much in it between them. There seems to be quite a few pictures of them together, some where mcginn looks a bit bigger, some where grealish does.

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Height and weight stats are always wrong. Not really a flaw with whoscored - they've probably just taken them from official league data.

Common thing in sport worldwide. Some teams/players like to inflate numbers. Some basketballers are listed a few inches taller than they actually are, get measured with shoes on etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Hornso said:

Common thing in sport worldwide. Some teams/players like to inflate numbers. Some basketballers are listed a few inches taller than they actually are, get measured with shoes on etc.

Yep, I recently played with an ex-Premier League goalkeeper who is officially listed as 6'1. I am 6'1 and standing up close to him I realised I had a good inch or two on him.*

But who can blame him, he made his living as a goalkeeper, and as we saw in the Jack Butland thread, people care a lot about that extra inch of height when it comes to a keeper. A 5'11 or 6'0 keeper is going to raise a red flag for potential buyers and be seen as a weakness by opponents.

As for Jack's height, the question is whether you measure it to the top of his head or the top of his hair.

* insert willy joke

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yep, I recently played with an ex-Premier League goalkeeper who is officially listed as 6'1. I am 6'1 and standing up close to him I realised I had a good inch or two on him.*

But who can blame him, he made his living as a goalkeeper, and as we saw in the Jack Butland thread, people care a lot about that extra inch of height when it comes to a keeper. A 5'11 or 6'0 keeper is going to raise a red flag for potential buyers and be seen as a weakness by opponents.

As for Jack's height, the question is whether you measure it to the top of his head or the top of his hair.

* insert willy joke

tenor (4).gif

• Thanks 1

I think it would be a strange input into their mathematical model to include the height and weight of players when running their regressions - the stats on the pitch would be far more relevant! So I’m really not sure why people are getting concerned by it.

At the end of the day, it’s just a model, and a way of trying to place every player on a level playing field and objectively assess performance - the model will have its biases! 

• Thanks 1

Â