• El Ghazi
    • Davis
    • Guilbert (Targett 43)
    • Grealish (Jota 68)
    • Archer (Davis 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/19 at 22:59

Just saw the game highlights on YouTube with Arabic commentary very amusing .Jackie Grealish was getting him excited.

Strange game really we played almost complete second string and win 6-1 but highlights suggest they had over 10 good chances to score.

Davis looked impressive and hopefully this will bring him confidence when he comes on in Premier league.I have always been impressed by his ability to keep the ball he seemed to be a bit quicker than I remembered.

Well my earlier prediction was wide off the mark so pleased we have got through with a good performance. But I can't take much pleasure from this tonight after hearing that Bury FC have been expelled from the football league. It must be terrible to be a Bury fan at the moment and we were sailing close to the wind barely a year ago.  So just be thankful we have a football team to follow tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well my earlier prediction was wide off the mark so pleased we have got through with a good performance. But I can't take much pleasure from this tonight after hearing that Bury FC have been expelled from the football league. It must be terrible to be a Bury fan at the moment and we were sailing close to the wind barely a year ago.  So just be thankful we have a football team to follow tonight.

The Inter of lower league football. Will there be a funeral?

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Sky Sports Highlights of the Goals

Some of those assists from Lansbury?! Very nice! It may only be Crewe, but good, confident win. Well done lads!

Nice to see the goals again but those clips miss out the important bit.....four of the goals cams at the end of terrific passing/ pressing play. 

This was only Crewe but we’ve messed up many times against “ only Crewe’s” before....this was SO different.

The difference being we looked thoroughly coached ....as different to this time last season as night is to day.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Best referee I've seen in years and years. Fantastic. 

There is a video of him miked up in an A-League match.  Basically explaining and justifying his decisions. Talking to the players etc.  I am not in the right state to find it though.  Well worth a watch.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Withnail said:

There is a video of him miked up in an A-League match.  Basically explaining and justifying his decisions. Talking to the players etc.  I am not in the right state to find it though.  Well worth a watch.

NRL and rugby refs are miked up and do a lot of explanations of decisions. 

1 hour ago, Withnail said:

Very good

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/watch-what-its-referee-a-hyundai-a-league-game

• Like 1

Haven't watched the full game just the goals and some extended highlights.................Crewe seemed to have a lot of shots with a lot on target and there goal was a soft one he went past about 4 Villa players! should we be concerned? Did the result flatter?

46 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Haven't watched the full game just the goals and some extended highlights.................Crewe seemed to have a lot of shots with a lot on target and there goal was a soft one he went past about 4 Villa players! should we be concerned? Did the result flatter?

Yep.  But plenty of positives.  

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

well well, im shocked, playing a good ball playing league 2 side, who actually looked decent at times, a proper banana skin.....and we whopped em 6-1.........i like Dean Smith's Aston Villa :P

Nakamba looked really good, ticked over, did his job, gets stuck in, and he even had a couple of really silky moments, really impressed.

Davis finally got a goas which was nice as he worked hard.

Jota looked good as usual, Lansbury also looked very good, excellent backheel assist for Grelaish's goal.

Guilberts goal was lovely, he played well.

Nice to see Archer come on, oh boy does he look tiny, but also looked very agile, will be interesting to see him develop.

Konsa/Hause looked ok, Targett got injured unfortunately, but looked good on the ball, and a little bit iffy defensively, which we all kinda knew tbh.

I don't think he played?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Our "second XI" understand what Smith wants just as good as our "first XI". It's good to see we have an actual squad; Lansbury, Nakamba and Hourihane all made stakes to get into the team for the weekend. Davis showed how good he is on the ball and at holding up play, could tell it meant a lot to him to get on the scoresheet too.

Bodes well knowing we have options in abundance. 

makes the first 11 look over their shoulder too.....all bodes well.

I think the 3 you mentioned looked particularly comfortable.....Lansbury, looking like the player, we thought we had bought.

BMH work starting to show.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but found it astonishing that posters wanted us to go with a full strength team tonight.

Perfect team selection, perfect night barring the injury to Taggart (hopefully nothing too serious), delighted Davis got on the scoresheet, Nakamba looks a great addition, Lansbury produced two moments of real class and a great finish from Guilbert. Good fitness for the fringe players and I think the likes of Hause and Konsa needed the 90 minutes because at times we were shaky at the back. Meanwhile Crawley knock out Norwich and Crewe beat them only last week! 

Good night all round though, now for Palace...

it was a great night for us......but also Dean will see it as an opportunity to see other players in competition football.

Lets not forget, he is still learning about his players too.

His decision to play a generally second 11 was proved to be prudent.

• Like 1

Â