• El Ghazi
    • Davis
    • Guilbert (Targett 43)
    • Grealish (Jota 68)
    • Archer (Davis 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/19 at 22:59

Just now, a m ole said:

Why did the cameraman have such a hard on for Crewe’s shouty manager?

Not sure, it was very odd. Had no idea who he was for a while so thought they just kept looking at the bloke that serves the pies at half time. Turns out he’s some berk who manages Crewe.

well well, im shocked, playing a good ball playing league 2 side, who actually looked decent at times, a proper banana skin.....and we whopped em 6-1.........i like Dean Smith's Aston Villa :P

Nakamba looked really good, ticked over, did his job, gets stuck in, and he even had a couple of really silky moments, really impressed.

Davis finally got a goas which was nice as he worked hard.

Jota looked good as usual, Lansbury also looked very good, excellent backheel assist for Grelaish's goal.

Guilberts goal was lovely, he played well.

Nice to see Archer come on, oh boy does he look tiny, but also looked very agile, will be interesting to see him develop.

Konsa/Hause looked ok, Targett got injured unfortunately, but looked good on the ball, and a little bit iffy defensively, which we all kinda knew tbh.

• Like 1

That was bloody good, thoroughly enjoyable watch.

A bit shaky at the back but going forward just super clinical which is good to see. No classic Villa cup upset, biggest winners of the night, happy days fellas!

Can fred gilbert play every game please?

El ghazi not his best tonight, to be honest he was probably not that bad but everyone else played better. Comfortable in the end.

As long as targett is not badly injured it was a successful night, they deserved their goal.

Result flattered us a bit. 

Nakamba looks superb. I know it's lower league opposition, but he had the high energy and quick legs I wanted to see. Solid passing too. 

Lansbury played really well. 

Thought Archer was very bright coming on. 

Best match Grealish has had this year as well, even if it was ten minutes and Crewe. 

Crewe seems like a decent club though. Some really good football as well. They deserved more. 

Lansbury motm. 

Best referee I've seen in years and years. Fantastic. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â