Cup Final Two of Thirty Six: Prematch

TheAuthority

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I believe we can win tomorrow but have nerves around Benteke and/or Ayew playing well for once... 

Mingels will eat them for breakfast. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Read that van Aarnholt, Schlupp and Ward are all injuried and might be out for this game. This would mean that they don't have proper fullbacks and be forced to play younger players out of position there. I think this would work very well in our favor since we have a lot of threat on the wings. maybe we should consider playing Guilbert to add pressure on the flanks?

We should consider playing Guilbert because he’s our absolute best attacking full back. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Competing in my first triathlon'esque run tomorrow. Bit nervous, but I should be home for the match with cold brew waiting. And pizza. And chili nuts. 

Happy Saturday!

UTV.

I'm looking forward to reading your weekly criticism of jack grealish; always provides a smile.

• Like 4

Stop Wilf and they don't score IMO. He played up front v Sheff U and on the right wing v Man Utd.

I think they'll play the same shape as Sheff U and look to come at us, but I do wonder if Wilf will be kept wide. If he's central, Doug has a game on, big test for the lad.

These are the games I came for Deano. You said we were going to try and win every game. I'd love a front foot performance to help us achieve that.

Game that a point will be a good result, and the off chance of a win. Just looking for more progression in performance from the last game. Feel as if there has been a notable step up in performance in every game so far this season. Unlucky against Bournemouth, defended well against Spurs. I’m expecting 1-1.

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Competing in my first triathlon'esque run tomorrow. Bit nervous, but I should be home for the match with cold brew waiting. And pizza. And chili nuts. 

Happy Saturday!

UTV.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good Luck.

Ditto what Vive said.

Don't give up and give 'em all you got, you got this!

Midnight KO over here, I'll be back from basketball around 10pm, so plenty of time to relax and be ready for KO.

Got a good feeling about the game today. I think we'll put on a good show and hopefully we make the most of that on the scoreboard.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, romavillan said:

bookies have us just longer than 2 to one, as is the draw, palace are evens. no reason we won't upset those odds but we shouldn't be treating this game as an easy 3 points, if we were playing them at villa park i'd be a lot more confident. massive bonus if we do get 3 points though!

Palace were 6th best away team last season but awful at home. Only Huddersfield got less home points. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side would be:

Heaton

Guilbert Engels Mings Taylor

McGinn Luiz Grealish

Jota Wesley Trezeguet 

Subs: Steer, Konsa, Elmohamady , Hourihane, Lansbury, Davis

No El Ghazi? I'd have him starting over Trezeguet? Still not convinced by Trez