Cup Final Two of Thirty Six: Prematch

TheAuthority

Would  love it if we beat these lot, it hink they are banking on Andre Ayew to be their main threat, Mr inconsistent! 

Back to back wins in the premier league would be a great achievement, 3rd win on the trot overall.  Villa with a 2-0 win

Leave the silly mistakes on the training ground and i can see us building from the Everton game with another solid performance.

The team will get better with every passing game.

I will be very disappointed if we don't get anything from this game and preferably that being a win.

• Like 2

We visit Selhurst Park on Saturday and last won there in 2014. Our scorer that day, was some chap called Benteke (whatever happened to him:)). Overall we have won 12 and have drawn 10 of the 32 league meetings, that there have been between the two clubs.

Jimmy Greaves once predicted that Palace would be "the team of the 80s", that didn't quite happen did it? Another Villa win (and we do like our winning runs;)) would take us two points ahead of Woy's boys. I would take a point, but a win would be much, much better and I do think our team will arrive with the confidence to go for it. Just do it for us Villa!  :flag:  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Andre Ayew

Jordan.

Anyway - need to do a job on Zaha and hope his head is gone with transfer thoughts.   Solid chance for 3 points and make it a strong August, though a point would be OK.  Bit gutted I couldn't get tickets as it's only 5 mins from me.

7 hours ago, supermon said:

Would  love it if we beat these lot, it hink they are banking on Andre Ayew to be their main threat, Mr inconsistent! 

Back to back wins in the premier league would be a great achievement, 3rd win on the trot overall.  Villa with a 2-0 win

Jordan isn’t it? But yeah he is pretty inconsistent.

michael jordan nba GIF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

unfortunately with Targett's injury, i would play the same 11 that started versus Everton.

If Targett was fit, he would be the only change i would make.

Rather leave Guilbert at LB than have Zaha running at Taylor all game

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I know with help from Mings but Zaha will terrorize him. Could be no better with Guilbert of course

Regardless of who plays you gotta double up against Zaha. Sheffield United did it brilliantly and he didn’t have a sniff all game.

Plus he normally plays on the left. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Regardless of who plays you gotta double up against Zaha. Sheffield United did it brilliantly and he didn’t have a sniff all game.

Plus he normally plays on the left. 

I thought so too but RW last game and CF with Benteke in 442 previous game 

• Thanks 1

Can’t believe some are predicting a loss against a lower level team who are generally shite at home. Yes we may lose but we have to be confident of getting something at places like this otherwise every game will be a predicted defeat and we might as well give up now. By the way which teams would you predict an away win against ?

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I know with help from Mings but Zaha will terrorize him. Could be no better with Guilbert of course

jesus christ some just refuse to give taylor any credit don't they...anyway, that's another thread

put on my super 6 0-0 draw, but this could be any score you like either way. they're the most unpredictable team in the league