Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Disappointing for me. Great opportunity making our first eleven gel more.

Instead he throws out a team that haven't played together in a competitive game. This game can go either way really.

They haven't played in a competitive game together but I think most of this team played the behind closed door game against Leipzig missing trez and kodjia but replaced with Jota and Davis though. 

21 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Calling @sir_gary_cahill To the pre match thread - there’s a random youth player we don’t know!

Seriously - any good? 

Like the team also, a lot of players there that should be showing that they are pushing the first team. £45-50 million of the summer spend on the pitch. They should be rating to go!

He’s a very good centre forward, quick and a good finisher

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Disappointing for me. Great opportunity making our first eleven gel more.

Instead he throws out a team that haven't played together in a competitive game. This game can go either way really.

Under Paul "Why do we have the cups?" Lambert, that would probably have been my reaction too. But this doesn't feel like a defeatist and negative selection in that way. I really want to see how Targett and El Ghazi link up, how Hause and Konsa are looking (not to mention a first glimpse of the Mysterious Nakamba). If everyone steps up, Bodymoor Heath will be a happy camp tomorrow. Seize your chances, lads!!!

• Like 1

To be fair this is probably the best "B team" i have ever seen us field I think, aside from two (jota / targett) who i really consider first team, this is actually a decent line-up.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

Firstly I'd say that's a pretty strong team.

Secondly, can you imagine the situation if we played Wesley, McGinn, Grealish, Engels, Mings etc. and we got a few injuries. I for one would have a minor fit.

Thirdly, what's the point having a bench or young talented players if you don't rotate when you absolutely can. Not only is it unwise in terms of fitness, but it would be demoralizing as nothing else for those trying to break into the team. 

• Like 1

It's a good line up. To be fair though i don't see how performing brilliantly against Crewe gets anybody a starting berth against Palace but you can certainly play yourself out of that squad by playing poorly tonight. I'm interested to see how Targett goes.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A back 5 and a midfield that have never played together in a competitive game.

I'm very nervous in how this will go. That team doesn't fill me with confidence.

after this game they will have, so one less thing to be negative about :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1