Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I like that team

Who is archer? 

11 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Spot on selection imo.

Who's Archer?

Calling @sir_gary_cahill To the pre match thread - there’s a random youth player we don’t know!

Seriously - any good? 

Like the team also, a lot of players there that should be showing that they are pushing the first team. £45-50 million of the summer spend on the pitch. They should be rating to go!

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Disappointing for me. Great opportunity making our first eleven gel more.

Instead he throws out a team that haven't played together in a competitive game. This game can go either way really.

That's the spirit. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Instead he throws out a team that haven't played together in a competitive game. This game can go either way really.

You can’t just keep picking the same 11. Others need game time and after a busy spell of matches others need a rest. A squad isn’t just to cover injuries. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

are you the heart and soul of every party by any chance?

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's a bit of a mix that we used in the friendlies against lower league teams though and we managed those easily enough. The whole squad needs minutes so good to give everyone a run out in a game we "should" win. If they aren't good enough to beat league 2 Crewe they probably aren't good enough to be playing for us in the premier league. Shows how completely lacking we are up front though which is a concern and will hopefully be addressed in January.

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

It's a bit of a mix that we used in the friendlies against lower league teams though and we managed those easily enough. The whole squad needs minutes so good to give everyone a run out in a game we "should" win. If they aren't good enough to beat league 2 Crewe they probably aren't good enough to be playing for us in the premier league. Shows how completely lacking we are up front though which is a concern and will hopefully be addressed in January.

What you are forgetting is that this Crewe team are match fit and a bunch of players in our starting eleven today aren't. That can make a massive difference.

As i said, this game can go either way.