Sign in to follow this  
limpid

Match Thread: Villa v Everton

Arghh half time came at the worst time, we looked like building momentum, they started making mistakes.

Jota worries me a little defensively. Wesley has been immense

• Like 1

Engels reads the game extremely well. So impressive! And he's so good at playing the  out. Extremely composed

• Like 1

Also pint for the correct answer lol. Sing on PaA just before fame started my mate reckons was motorhead any ideas.

If you don't love Wes after that 45 minutes there is something wrong with you. Also was it just me or did Andre Gomes look dogs mess in that half 😆

• Like 3

I think we were well on top from the goal! Really promising half. Grealish looking a bit more like himself and everyone in the midfield looks comfortable on the ball against a pretty good Everton defence.

Very pleasing first half that (not just because of the scoreline).  We are showing that we are well capable of competing in this league.  

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

If you don't love Wes after that 45 minutes there is something wrong with you. Also was it just me or did Andre Gomes look dogs mess in that half 😆

Wesley superb. Andre Gomes has lead in his boots I think! Shocker of a half from him. 

We were chasing shadows for 20 mins. Then scored a top quality goal against the run of play and have looked comfortable and confident ever since. 

Wesley - not just a striker. Not just a target man. Also a playmaker.

He's made more opportunities for Trez than Trez has for him.

Excellent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so, first 45 mins.

Wesley - good (nice finish and run)

Jota - what a player if we play the way he likes, 3 or 4 amazing passes, and the assist was orgasmic.

Mings & Engels - Engels the boss, Mings good but needs to try less holywood passes.

Guilbert - played well, lovely to see a true all action full back with pace to spare.

Grealish - loks laboured?, not sure what to make of him.

Trez - Quiet, but im starting to wonder if its something to do with that left wing playing in front of taylor.

Douglas/McGinn - looked decent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He did pass to the crowd.

There is no way we are going down if we play like this.

Everton is a top 8 side as well to put it in context.

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Arghh half time came at the worst time, we looked like building momentum, they started making mistakes.

Jota worries me a little defensively. Wesley has been immense

He totally excites me.