Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match polls  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/19 at 18:00

Credit to VP tonight as well. I wasn't there, but the atmosphere deemed great. I really feel that VP need to be packed and behind the team this season, and I think it will be. Having been there over the crap years, you can sense when things aren't right. 

Carragher just said he can see Villa Park having a hostile atmosphere this season. That's what we want! For too long VP has been an easy place to play. Last season VP was excellent to be fair, bit we tended to win alot more than we lost. 

I really believe that home advantage is mostly down to vociferous home support. Let's continue to give our lads that advantage, from what I've seen so far they really deserves it. 

• Like 2

superb to a man, **** immense performance, crowd were superb as well

I thought that Smith should have made the subs earlier, as soon as they made their first two changes you could see that we needed a plan B, other than that I have no complaints whatsoever, most enjoyable Villa game in a long long time, so nice to be back home in the Prem

Before the match I was saying that I didn't give a **** about the performance I just wanted at least 1 point on the board but that has been the perfect night

Superb performance. Wesley’s confidence is clear for all to see, head up, bullying players, looking for teammates. I got a bit emotional watching the celebrations because there seems to be a great spirit in the camp (watch Wes speaking to Jack and then Douglas Luiz).

While I think Jota isn’t the fastest, he seemed so mentally alert today. I like the rapport he has with Wes. Guilbert was excellent and really enhanced the right side.

Douglas Luiz tired near the end of the game. Looked less composed. For 65min, though, he looked cracking. 

McGinn quiet but solid and a worker. Grealish needs to play like a captain, bring his teammates in more and just put his foot on the ball when needed.

Central Defensive unit is glorious. Yes, Ty tries some odd passes sometimes but his relationship with Heaton and Engels is f-ing brilliant. Think Taylor knows his time is up. Looked weak.

And, most critically, the team buoyed by an incredible VP atmos. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiltorken said:

I've grown very fond of Neil Taylor 

We saw the best and worst of him tonight. Some brilliant defending followed by some of the worst crossing seen on a pl pitch. 

• Like 3

Loved it. Wesley came of age as a Premier League player. The Scouse commentator used the phrase "he's ragdolled the centre halves" and it's been a very, very long time since we had a CF who genuinely did that.

And better than that, we've got CHs who ragdoll CF. Haven't seen that since  for a while, either.

Our season starts here, I think.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

How the hell people are claiming this was a good refereeing performance I'll never know. I want what drugs you are doing on match day

Honestly I was going to say the same.

Oliver let the Everton players stand ontop of our free kicks all game, booked Guilbert for a tactical foul then doesn't book Coleman for doing the exact same thing. Gomes didn't get booked until his 5th foul. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting

• Like 1

Â