Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match polls  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/19 at 18:00

On 24/08/2019 at 17:48, OutByEaster? said:

Just watched the longer highlights - something I noticed - I didn't see John Terry on the sidelines - have I just missed him or was he missing?

He was there. Just working in the dugout most of the game I think.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 00:34, TRO said:

Hopefully that will be the kickstart our season needs and we can get out of a relegation battle before we ever get into one, certainly if we play that well every game we have nothing to worry about. It's nice to announce ourselves well and truly back in the PL as a quick browse of the Everton forum yesterday showed that a lot of fans still think we will be exactly the same as 15/16 and go straight back down, despite the completely new owners, manager and team. I think we would surprise a lot of people if we stayed up, which based on last night's performance seems ridiculous.

Yes they missed a couple of really decent chances, but apart from that was there really much of a difference between the two sides?. They could justify saying that we were lucky in the way that we could justify saying that Bournemouth were lucky....

But can they really justify saying we will go down on the back of that performance?

I would say Everton fans do not fully recognise what relegation fodder really is!

Â