Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match polls  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/19 at 18:00

On 23/08/2019 at 23:14, OutByEaster? said:

I love watching John McGinn chase down someone who has the ball, I know what's going to happen, you know what's going to happen, but the poor bugger in possession often has no idea - I feel bad for those who have to play against him.

Another brilliant write up.

Particularly enjoyed this bit. You could put him against a midfield of superstars and he'd roll his sleeves up and fancy himself to get the better of them.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Absolute nit-picking but if Wesley plays a ball to the left 2nd chance Trez has a free shot at goal

Yeah I thought that at the time too, I also thought Wesley hesitated a little before pulling the trigger. Maybe he was in 2 minds

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Still cannot believe we actually won this game. It's unbelievable.

I'm not going to pretend I was supremely confident but only 1 PL team than Everton had less shots on target from 2 games going into this

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just watched the longer highlights - something I noticed - I didn't see John Terry on the sidelines - have I just missed him or was he missing?

They definitely showed him during the live coverage on TV, maybe he wasn't a highlight 😝

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just watched the longer highlights - something I noticed - I didn't see John Terry on the sidelines - have I just missed him or was he missing?

I'm sat just behind the dugout. Yes he was definitely there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm not going to pretend I was supremely confident but only 1 PL team than Everton had less shots on target from 2 games going into this

At the same time they hadn't conceded either. Massive result for us. Everton is a good team no matter how you look at it.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, turvontour said:

The guy that reads out the team sheets at the ground, does he genuinely not know the opposition players names. Or is it like a piss take, as if to say, who? 

He reads out the teams as if he's new to football and foreign names.

This is an excellent idea. If he doesn't do it on purpose yet, he should start. Could annoy some of them and get them off balance :)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I almost forgot about the guy that got on to the pitch at full time. The first steward to get there gave him a bloody good hiding he won't forget. 

Just saw this on video. What a pointless way to get banned from the ground. That steward wasn't messing about!

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Just saw this on video. What a pointless way to get banned from the ground. That steward wasn't messing about!

I heard about that. Can you get his name? NZ Warriors rugby league team suck and could use a solid tackling forward like that guy

• Like 1

On 25/08/2019 at 10:07, Robtaylor200 said:

My lad watching the game from hotel in Spain alone. Mrs T said apart from you and your lad, who else would do that. I said we all would

IMG-20190823-WA0000.jpg

I was also watching the match alone in a hotel in Spain!

• Like 1

On 25/08/2019 at 00:34, TRO said:

Magnanimous in defeat.......and as a matter of interest, where did they say they would finish?

I'm pretty sure most of their fans just dismissed us as relegation fodder who they could breeze past, and if they couldn't it would be 'typical Everton'. Quite clearly it was the latter, though I think that would be harsh on Villa. I would say that we won the game rather than them losing it.

Having said that there were a (admittedly small) number of Evertonians who seemed to think we would be alright. We could definitely be the media's "surprise package" this year, even though to us Villa fans it would really not be a great surprise at all. It's probably mostly reflective of how ignorant other fans are, and I don't blame them because why would they take any more than a passing interest in our business? It will be nice to turn some heads this season and defeating teams like Everton without conceding will go some way towards that.

• Like 1

Â