Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match polls  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/19 at 18:00

apart from the first ten minutes this was a comfortable night shift.

Engles mings and taylor all looking solid, guilbert looks rapid. Wesley scored and was totally transformed. From having the touch of a trampoline he became a 1990s computer game player where the ball stuck to his feet with instant control.

Everton had one outstanding passage of play where their goalie rolled it out and they passed it all over the pitch and nearly scored. But that was it. the rest was powder puff stuff.

We can put a run together now you have to look at palace and think we can get something there and west ham united.

• Like 2

I think Smith asked Jota to play closer to Wesley for Mcginn to cover him more. Meant Wesley wasn’t so isolated. 

Also the quick free kicks were the only times Everton didn’t have their solid shape so must have been something that was identified. 

It’s great to have a manager that knows what he’s doing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s crazy how at the game it felt like whenever Everton had the ball they would create something but on tv we seemed so comfortable.   We also seemed very rushed but again on tv seemed to move it around a lot better. 

It felt like two different games.

Yeah I watched the game on sky and apart from the couple of chances they had (1 that hit the post, 1 off the line and the Walcott miss), other than that it appeared on tv that we defended very well and limited them a lot.

Need to be careful going forward though as they could have got 2 goals, but to be fair we could have got 3 if Wesley scored his other pass from jota.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Smith asked Jota to play closer to Wesley for Mcginn to cover him more. Meant Wesley wasn’t so isolated. 

Also the quick free kicks were the only times Everton didn’t have their solid shape so must have been something that was identified. 

It’s great to have a manager that knows what he’s doing. 

Yeah to be fair to Everton they realised we were taking our free kicks fast and almost went too far for me trying to stop it, like kicking the ball away and standing over the ball.

They got a booking in the end for it but they did stop it through their antics.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Sweet Caroline, singing it all morning and still smiling

Also still laughing at my lad. He is on holiday in Saloo and was watching it in the TV room at the hotel, I text him and asked if there were many fans there.

He sent me a picture of an empty room with one chair (his) in front of the TV.

As there was no one there, did any one hear him shout when we scored. I bet the whole hotel did 

14 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Villa are back, Villa are back HELLO

I wish the Holte End would do that rendition again ......despite last night being fantastic.....its has a kinda stirring emotion.

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

Engles mings and taylor all looking solid, guilbert looks rapid. Wesley scored and was totally transformed. From having the touch of a trampoline he became a 1990s computer game player where the ball stuck to his feet with instant control.

Everton had one outstanding passage of play where their goalie rolled it out and they passed it all over the pitch and nearly scored. But that was it. the rest was powder puff stuff.

We can put a run together now you have to look at palace and think we can get something there and west ham united.

I wouldn't say it was comfortable

1 off the line, 1 off the post, Walcott over the bar. They could have/should have had 3 goals. 

I think sometimes we are way too open and the marking is not existent. I still think the midfield is fairly poor at tracking runners especially when the fullbacks are pushed up. I  think we need to do more when not in possession. That's my main concern with us at the moment, we can be cut wide open at times and concede glaring chances. Thats what we struggle with being as we have so many attack minded players.

4 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I hear all the  excuses from Everton.....I actually thought they played well and were a tough side, sure they missed a few chances in front of goal, but we do on occasions too, who feels sorry for us or uses it as mitigation for losing?

I hope as fans we are not going to accept all season, that if we win we have met teams on a bad day......thats bollocks for me.....We won because we scored 2 good goals and got the win and in the cold light of day its the only stat that matters.

If they had won , with exactly the same play.....they would all be saying how good Everton were.

We played a good team last night and came out on top.....thats all we need to know.

ps funny how Eddie Howe now see's the win a VP as a good win for them ,despite having many developing years in the division.....Opinions and attitudes towards us will change as we get results in our favour.

pps When Man City get there customary win........ at VP and its 0-1 and pepe says we had to struggle for that, I will know we are progressing.....I could say 1-0 , but that would be expecting too much.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, turnbull said:

If I wasn't such a big hard, 70s style centre half, I'd probably cry!

If you wasn' such a big hard, 70's style centre half.....I would call you a T**t.......but seen as you are, I think you are a very intelligent fella.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

What a ball from jota Wesley, the finish was sublime but seriously, that weight of the pass from jota made it

The class run never hurt either.....Harry Kane type.

17 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Cor their manager wasn’t bitter enough in his post match press conference 

as for the game we will play better than this and lose , such is football ... we rode our luck but I think we deserved it over all  the holy trinity of Luiz , McGinn and Jack did its job and looked better overall than anything Everton had 

Trezequet didn’t offer much and is still yet to convince me but maybe he just needs a bit longer to settle , the good thing is we have some options to replace him with as he gets better

Coleman was pushing him in the back with every challenge, Oliver just allowed it......I thought Trez was ok but will get better, when he settles properly.

Â