Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match polls  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/19 at 18:00

Great win have the makings of a really good side ,changes worked Guilbert looks a player and Jota adds creativity never panics in possession,Wesley was immense great hold up play and movement,Villa are back and it's fantastic great feeling tonight.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

What a performance against one of the teams who should be muscling in on top 6. Unfortunately I could only watch on TV tonight due to not living in In England but I never saw villa park rocking so much in all my years going, made me so proud being a villan hearing the noise over the TV tonight. I feel we are part of a runaway train marching in the direction of success. Hope the owners and Smith stay for the long haul. Patience and appreciation are key for us this season I think. 

NBC in USA are a F****** disgrace. Against b'mouth they showed ads from halftime until the game was an hour old. - and then showed all the 2nd half on what was in essence a 15 minute delay.

Tonight - they did the same damn thing - except they started showing the 2nd half at approx 65 minutes  - didnt bother at all with the first 20 mins of the 2nd half

• Thanks 1

I loved that tonight. Looking up from the lower north to see half of the Trinity on its feet jumping up and down was something I hadn't seen before. Particularly in play, and it not being against a local rival.

You feel a togetherness.

Cheers to Everton by the way, we've been through a lot together historically and they helped us out tonight 

• Like 1

Where are all the people who predicted we'd lose?

Great win nonetheless, hopefully onwards and upwards. Very capable of beating Palace and going into the international break with 6 points from 4 which is a very decent return. 

Wesley looked good tonight and hopefully that goal is the first of many, many more.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, privateer said:

I think so, too. Much as I and we justifiably revere Mellberg and Laursen, Mingels is shaping up as a class above.

I mean, really, have you ever seen two CB slot in so easily as they have and perform at the level they have? Mings from January and Bjorn since, well, it looks like he's been here since before then.

We all knew how good Tyrone was but Jesus H. Tittyfucking Christ we really had absolutely no **** idea just how good Engels is. :crylaugh:The bonkers thing is he looks like a high jumper rather than a football CH. Massively athletic and, at least as far as the opponents are concerned, sickeningly strong. I actually think he's a bit of a freak in football terms. Genius football IQ like McGrath, disproportionately strong despite his large size and a passing ability most pundits would, because they're stupid words removed, preface with the facile, "For a big man he...".

Mellberg and Laursen never really played enough together as a combination despite both being here at the same time for four years. Injuries to Laursen of course but also when he was fit MON decided to sign Davies and Zat Knight and move Mellberg to RB.

Anyway completely agree with Engels. I loved the look of him in pre season, calm under pressure, good passer, fantastic reader of the game. Biggest compliment I can pay him is he's playing the premier league like it's pre season. You've got him who can drop off and read the game and Mings who will win most in the air and can also move forward and pass.

Delighted with the clean sheet. Back 5 deserved it as we really weren't 5 goals in first two games bad, just individual mistakes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Where are all the people who predicted we'd lose?

Hi, I'm Enda, and I predicted we'd lose. It was a completely reasonable prediction.

How's your ma?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Mellberg and Laursen never really played enough together as a combination despite both being here at the same time for four years. Injuries to Laursen of course but also when he was fit MON decided to sign Davies and Zat Knight and move Mellberg to RB.

Anyway completely agree with Engels. I loved the look of him in pre season, calm under pressure, good passer, fantastic reader of the game. Biggest compliment I can pay him is he's playing the premier league like it's pre season. You've got him who can drop off and read the game and Mings who will win most in the air and can also move forward and pass.

Delighted with the clean sheet. Back 5 deserved it as we really weren't 5 goals in first two games bad, just individual mistakes.

A long way to go for Engels and Mings to be compared to Laursen and Mellberg, but they looked rock solid tonight and I've been impressed by them. Both good ball players as well and don't panic when in possession. 

They were mightily unlucky to come away from the first two games with five conceded and I'm delighted they got a clean sheet tonight. They look like a partnership that could really blossom and tif they keep the consistency I could certainly see Mings in the England squad and Engels strutting his stuff for Belgium.

Let's see how they go over the next few games 👍

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Well keep predicting we'll lose, seems to be a good omen 😎👍 

I always back us to win, just the way I was raised i guess...

No worries. Three matches down, 35 to go. Bet you we win less than 20 of them.

100 pounds to VT if I'm wrong.

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I thought we'd lose too, no big deal and I'm glad I was wrong!

We shouldn't try to knock each other down let's enjoy this great win and hope for another against Palace.

Crewe up first!

We really needed that win.

It would be hard to pick any of our players who had a bad game but we could have lost that game 3-1 with better finishing from Everton.

Alotof positives Wesley,Jota Engels ,Guibert and Mings(hardly needs mentioning)

We seem to have a very strong defensive shape when opposition have the ball and this means we can defend 1-0 leads which will be crucial to our survival.

3 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

We really needed that win.

It would be hard to pick any of our players who had a bad game but we could have lost that game 3-1 with better finishing from Everton.

Nah pal we scored two goals.

• Haha 1

Â