Bolton Wanderers & Bury thread

Xela

Just now, Mantis said:

So what happens in League One now that there's one less club - is there one less relegation spot, or does it just get moved up a place?

One less spot, so three teams relegated instead of four.

Spent a large chunk of their history in the top flight and have won the FA cup twice. Historically they've been more succesful than some current Premier league teams, not that that should matter, very sad when a football club goes bust no matter their past.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villaluke said:

i dont understand why Bolton have been given 14 days extra but not bury? seems they given Bolton longer because they are a bigger club? 

I think they are definetely giving Bolton more rope. Imagine how sensational that would be if they went. Bolton have been f@ckn about since last season. If you are Bury tonight you'd be furious they've been given never ending leeway it would seem. Bolton will get their arse in gear now you'd imagine.

Bolton are in talks with 'Football ventures' and are said to be close to agreeing a deal, they've been saying this for a while now, but it's worth giving them more time to see if they can finally agree something rather than just expelling them. Unfortunately for Bury there was no one in talks to buy them, or their owner refused to sell them as some people on twitter seem to be suggesting, apparently of the fifty odd companies he's owned over forty have been liquidated.

• Like 1

So what's their plan going forward ? Presumably nothing this year as they can't apply to join leagues as most are active and started. How far down the ladder would they have to start back from. Poor fans. This is awful. Only came to my notice really in the summer when i seen Ryan Lowe get them promoted then join relegated and lower Plymouth. Alarm bells started ringing. That was peculiar. Didn't know it was this bad though.

I cannot understand most of the financial con jobs going on behind Bury FC, but the link below shows just how convoluted it was (hope the link works). It does make you wonder just how useless you have to be to actually fail the EFL "fit and proper person" test.

After such grinding and unnecessary failures precipitating expulsion from the Football League for Bury, a 134-year-old club founded by late Victorian civic-minded chaps in 1885, there have to be inquiries, lessons learned and reforms. The English Football League has promised to upgrade its rules to prevent such an implosion ever happening again. The Labour MP for Bury North, James Frith, who has worked relentlessly to expose ugly truths and to help save the club, has called for investigations and parliamentary scrutiny.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/27/bury-historic-club-football-league-financial-ruins

So sorry about Bury FC awful for their supporters and proud history to end up like this.....shocking for this happen when the premier League is awash with so much money....Bolton next....who is going to be after Bolton?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, villaluke said:

i dont understand why Bolton have been given 14 days extra but not bury? seems they given Bolton longer because they are a bigger club? 

Bolton have played some games this season so it might be because of that. Think Bury forfeited every game

Bolton’s situation isn’t helped with having a hotel as part of the ground but having to be separately negotiated for during the purchase of the club. 

Deadlines for both club and hotel have been different and from what I understand, Future Ventures only want the deal for both club and hotel as a whole. 

This is what has been causing the issues (that and Bassini acting like a spoilt child) 

hopefully this will get sorted in the next few weeks.

Boltons situation regarding expulsion differs from Bury as they have played league games, drawing 1 and losing the rest. 

What happens to those points gained by their opposition if they are thrown out of the league? 

8 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

**** the EFL, **** idiot owners. **** Sky. **** greed. **** billions in TV deals for the already rich.

The fans 😭 I feel for them.

Why is Sky to blame? 

And don't you think that NSWE are also greedy? Who isn't greedy? 

It looks to me like both clubs have been very badly run.  We were almost there last year. Instead of blaming everyone in the world, I think we should look at those clubs and see how they have fu**ed things up for themselves. 

• Like 1

Â