FIFA 20

NurembergVillan

What.  THE HELL.  Have they done to in-gameplay stamina? 

I've got players with 80+ stamina stats who can't make it 60 minutes without being completely depleted.  I've had to take the injury slider down to 0 just to stop the constant sprains (ooh-err).  Bringing all possible subs on is now effectively mandatory (and utterly broken as whomever I bring on fresh can just glide past knackered opponents at will regardless of the difficulty setting or gap in OVR/ability) and I've only just clocked that the stamina bar now drains when a player is on the ball regardless of what they're doing with it, up to and including standing effin' still.

Essentially you're now encouraged to have less possession, no pressing whatsoever (gegenpress is a death sentence), conserve all stamina and just spend the last 20 minutes resorting to the kind of hoofball that would make Tony Pulis more rigid than a startled Cobra.

Convinced it wasn't this bad before the last patch.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2019 at 17:57, holteend1982 said:

Currently doing the icon swaps, pretty challenging but gives a good reason to play rivals other than just trying to grind for a few coins. Not sure what icon I'd go for but leaning towards owen he looks very good

Done a complete volte face on this. I've got 11 of 12 of this set, and I reckon I'm going to pick up six more and take Zanetti. 

Full backs are tricky as hell to fix and I reckon he's the only one available that is likely to still be in my first XI in seven months time. 

Also thought Carlos for the same reason, and add Guardiola or Nesta, but reckon it'll probably be Zanetti.

11 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Done a complete volte face on this. I've got 11 of 12 of this set, and I reckon I'm going to pick up six more and take Zanetti. 

Full backs are tricky as hell to fix and I reckon he's the only one available that is likely to still be in my first XI in seven months time. 

Also thought Carlos for the same reason, and add Guardiola or Nesta, but reckon it'll probably be Zanetti.

I've currently got 8, should pick up my 9th tonight.

I take it we can carry the Icon Swap I's over to Icon Swap II? There looks to only be 12 you can get so far... Still undecided on who I want.

The divisional rivals are infuriating with a half decent team from the leagues. Just got Ligue 1 and La Liga to go thank god.

41 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I've currently got 8, should pick up my 9th tonight.

I take it we can carry the Icon Swap I's over to Icon Swap II? There looks to only be 12 you can get so far... Still undecided on who I want.

The divisional rivals are infuriating with a half decent team from the leagues. Just got Ligue 1 and La Liga to go thank god.

Yup, these twelve and then another twelve on Friday.  My bet is that it'll be similar but on nationality rather than league.

59 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

That would be good, quite enjoying the challenge. Makes FUT a bit more exciting this time around.

I'm in two minds. The "first owner" stuff strikes me as cynical even for this lot. 

In other words for the majority of players "you need to be opening packs to be able to do this". 

8 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Vardy player of the month SBC is up. Seems really good value. 83 rated squad, 1 prem player and 75 chem. I managed to do it with just random untradeables in my club. 

Six goals in his first two matches for me...

• Like 1

Played about 6 hours of the trial now mainly just to kill time, it's so **** bad... Not sure when fifa got so clunky, just feels awkward and unnatural and it's so easy for the opponent just to knock you off the ball, crossing is still absolutely awful too

Based on the people who still talk about it I'm guessing it's all about FUT which I just dont understand, no joy in just playing it normally anymore 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Played about 6 hours of the trial now mainly just to kill time, it's so **** bad... Not sure when fifa got so clunky, just feels awkward and unnatural and it's so easy for the opponent just to knock you off the ball, crossing is still absolutely awful too

Based on the people who still talk about it I'm guessing it's all about FUT which I just dont understand, no joy in just playing it normally anymore 

Yeah I just want a decent football game. FUT doesn't interest me. Tempted to load up an old ISS Pro.

• Like 2

The problem is the stuff outside of the game, the licensing, some of the player likeness, all the Premier league stuff etc is spot on* and sets a bar for other games that they can't compete with (pes) but then as soon as you kick a ball it's like urgh this is shit

*some of the transfer stuff like chatting to agents is a ball ache 

1 thing I can't get my head around too is maybe every 3rd game the scripted commentators lay in to arsenal :lol: I'm at home to Burnley and they start talking about arsenal's decline and how they might never get CL again

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The problem is the stuff outside of the game, the licensing, some of the player likeness, all the Premier league stuff etc is spot on* and sets a bar for other games that they can't compete with (pes) but then as soon as you kick a ball it's like urgh this is shit

*some of the transfer stuff like chatting to agents is a ball ache 

1 thing I can't get my head around too is maybe every 3rd game the scripted commentators lay in to arsenal :lol: I'm at home to Burnley and they start talking about arsenal's decline and how they might never get CL again

That Arsenal thing is amazing 😁

On 15/11/2019 at 23:21, villa4europe said:

Pretty much all the focus is on FUT now, it's my first year playing it as the I've found career mode to be dead for the past few years. FUTS decent when you get into it but it's massivley pay to win which makes it frustrating. 

I've seen pes is decent yet again and if you have PlayStation you can get the option file which will make it a lot more authentic with the correct kits, badges etc but Microsoft won't allow it on xbox so I won't buy it as cba with the fake teams. 

On 03/11/2019 at 21:49, ml1dch said:

just need 1 more for carlos. struggling to find decent LBs so think he's the one i'm going for

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

That was my original plan, but the objectives are so painful I'm just going to bag Schmeichel and draw a line under it.

i actually dont mind them. but then i do a lot of SBCs so had enough players out of packs to make decent sides with first owned players, etc. means i change the squads i'm playing with more regularly too which makes things more interesting

Â