FIFA 20

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Dave enjoys FIFA and likes Ultimate Team.  That's fine.

We don't need to be rounding on him for holding a different, and unpopular, opinion.

Yeah that's fair.

It's funny how he has EA in his name though.

• Like 1

Well after a week the novelty has now worn off and I'm slowly realising how bad this game actually is. Career mode is actually unplayable, volta is pants, online everyone plays 1 depth drop back and no games actually feel like a real football match. Headers been nerfed so much they are basically impossible to score with, keepers punch instead of catch and the amount of goals from re bounds is unbelievable. Doesn't help that I'm actually terrible at this game as well! 

I've finally got round to playing this game. 

It's better than FIFA19, but that wasn't difficult as it was utter garbage.

I've only played Seasons (solo and 2v2) and I have to say I agree with everything @holteend1982 has stated above. The "Drop Back" tactic needs to be removed, it's so overpowered and everyone is using it with 1 depth and pace abusing. It's not fun to play. Headers are also useless. So hard to score from a cross now, you'd think players wouldn't score from crosses in real life when viewing the implementation of it in this game. 

There are positives though, defending is much better now it's more manual. Passing feels a little better too. But yeah, it's better than 19 for sure, but not hugely better. Every time they try to fix one thing they introduce new mechanics to exploit. 

• Like 1

On 29/09/2019 at 11:08, Dave-R said:

The ultimate team is amazing.

I got day one, pre ordered the ultimate version glad I did as well.

I feel fifa is finally moving in the right direction. FIFA 19 I found very easy to score just same tactics over and over with bombing the wings, fifa 20 is no longer like that and has evolved.

I have been through tons of formations to find what suits me, I hadn't had to do that ever on a fifa game. FIFA 20 reminds me so much of real football now, gameplay has been slowed down abit and possession is key really. You need to find the spaces now, move the ball around between players till you find a way through. I must admit I struggle on fifa 20 compared to other fifa's and it's all because of the progress in field tactics compared to its previous games.

There were a time when pressing you B button would simply take the ball from the opposition on fifa with little concern that you'd pick up a foul, now you have to mainly use A button to softer tackle which is great because fifa 20 is as much about risk as it is about reward. If you risk making the wrong tackle you now will put the opposition onto you with a good possible advantage because you can't simply just get up quick from slides or at most they've added the swerved back on free kicks.

Defensively I find when they are charging me I'm have to drop back and anticipate there actions, rather than simply go upto them and often take that ball from them, one wrong move leaves them through on goal now. I find if I'm man v man because they have me on the counter it's best I drop back and hold the game up till my defense is back situated right.

To me the game is much more lovely to play now, it's a challenge and that's how I like it.

I'm finding it the opposite. 

I wouldn't say I either great or awful at fifa. But this is too easy. I started up seasons, played 2 games. 12 and 13-0 wins. It's a joke how easy this years fifa is. 

Pressure the opposition constantly, play high up the pitch, wingers in behind and it's just very easy to dominate. 

As for tackling, it's exactly the same as last year, they've made no changes there. The way you're talking about it makes me unsure as to whether you've played a fifa since 94

57 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I wouldn't say I either great or awful at fifa. But this is too easy. I started up seasons, played 2 games. 12 and 13-0 wins. It's a joke how easy this years fifa is. 

Pressure the opposition constantly, play high up the pitch, wingers in behind and it's just very easy to dominate. 

As for tackling, it's exactly the same as last year, they've made no changes there. The way you're talking about it makes me unsure as to whether you've played a fifa since 94

Have you tried those very tactics on alot of ultimate teamers, they are exciting games, you can make a pretty decent squad that will challange anyone who has higher card if you play right.

Below is all info for a very good 82 rated 100 chem team.

My first big signing on ultimate team was LLoris 88 rating cost 54k, excellent keeper, just as good as De gea.  My second big signing so far is Harry kane-89 rated excellent shot cost 43k

Rest are in there low 80s LF-Bernard-80 and RF-Willian-82 as LF and RF.

Midfield is LM-Mata-82, CM-Milner-81, RM-Jorginho-83

Defence is LB-Shaw-81,CB-Gomez-80,CB-Stones-83,RB-Pereira-82.

That squad without Kane and Lloris could cost around 30-40k, maybe even cheaper now as its Willian and Pereira that cost abit, rest are pretty cheap. I did have Pukki POTM but he's now my sub, Haller though is the striker I did have before Pukki.

Heaton is a very good GK, when you upgrade from him Fabianski is an ace keeper at 82 rated his reflexes are very good.

So far that squad is doing pretty great on division rivals, and to be honest I absoloute love the game online more than any other fifa games.

And no before anyone says I did not buy packs to get Kane or Lloris, I just no how to market cards.

Edited by Dave-R

On 05/10/2019 at 17:40, kurtsimonw said:

Try your hand at ultimate team weekend league totally diffrent ball game all the comments above will make sense then  

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Try your hand at ultimate team weekend league totally diffrent ball game all the comments above will make sense then  

You could pay me an hourly wage to play FUT, and I just wouldn't.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Meh. This game is okay. An improvement over 19, but about a 10% improvement imo. 

Still huge glaring issues online when you play as the lesser team. I always play as Villa who are 4 star, as soon as you come up against a 4.5 star, suddenly the players struggle to pass the ball, they lose it as soon as the opposition gets near, they struggle to turn, get weird animations all the time that prevent you from scoring or forces you to lose possession, or that they win EVERY 50/50 with the ball bouncing straight back to them. I get that they need to make the better teams seem better, but it feels like they make your team worse to achieve it. Frustrating as ****. It's not a unique problem to FIFA20, it's been in the game for years. If my player can play a pass into open space against another 4 star team, there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to do it against a 4.5 star team when the same space is available.

But I guess they only care about everyone playing as 5 star super teams on FUT so probably haven't even noticed the problem. 

Edited by PieFacE

Struggling with FUT this year. Division Rivals is so hard online, almost every team I face have a front three containing Sterling, Auba, Mane, Aguero or a TOTW/Icon player.

Although I play well in most games I just get hit on the break with their pace and concede, or they completely do me with skill moves for the 90 minutes.

I think my choice is either to accept I'm going to break a lot of controllers or finally admit defeat with FIFA now.

Â