FIFA 20

NurembergVillan

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Yeh I don't understand the match making system either. Getting smashed in most games online right now, in other games I'm either nicking wins or clinging on to draws.

It's not based on the quality of your team, it's based on the league you are in and your recent form. 

So if you've won a couple then you'll find yourself (probably) playing someone in a similar league who has also won a couple of their recent games.

If you're on a losing streak, you'll probably play someone else who's been losing as well.

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

It's not based on the quality of your team, it's based on the league you are in and your recent form. 

So if you've won a couple then you'll find yourself (probably) playing someone in a similar league who has also won a couple of their recent games.

If you're on a losing streak, you'll probably play someone else who's been losing as well.

Surely it should match you with similar teams though, Ive played about 10 games today and not once had the better side, always against 5* teams with my 4* it's getting boring fast having to grind every single game to then get beat because one side is just a lot better. 

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Surely it should match you with similar teams though, Ive played about 10 games today and not once had the better side, always against 5* teams with my 4* it's getting boring fast having to grind every single game to then get beat because one side is just a lot better. 

Annoyingly* it doesn't. In theory it's supposed to try and match the quality of player rather than the quality of team. 

So the silver lining is that if you come up against a stacked team, then in all likelihood you're going to be the superior player and just try and play that way.

* I say annoyingly, but thanks in no small part to my Turkish silvers win I've somehow ended up with a team worth half a million already. So "annoyingly for other people"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MCU said:

Thankfully I'm away next week so going to hold off buying it and hope it's patched up and broke in by the time I'm back.

Good luck with that one. They have already said on twitter that any fixes for career mode has missed the window for the first patch that isn't even out yet. I'm guessing with the amount of issues with career mode it's going to be a while.

On 22/08/2019 at 10:45, GarethRDR said:

Of course, as ever when they fix something, something else breaks that then doesn't get patched.

Career Mode broken beyond playability on launch.  EA "aware" of issues but haven't "caught them in time" for first patch release, and no ETA of when the fixes will come.

.Image result for well there it is gif

4 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Career Mode broken beyond playability on launch.  EA "aware" of issues but haven't "caught them in time" for first patch release, and no ETA of when the fixes will come.

.Image result for well there it is gif

Started career mode today. Spurs lined up with Sessegnon and Walker-Peters, and then 9 players who have never played a PL game. In the 2nd half Kane and Eriksen came on, with Kane at LW and Eriksen as the ST. Safe to say this won't be played again until the bugs are fixed.

The ultimate team is amazing.

I got day one, pre ordered the ultimate version glad I did as well.

I feel fifa is finally moving in the right direction. FIFA 19 I found very easy to score just same tactics over and over with bombing the wings, fifa 20 is no longer like that and has evolved.

I have been through tons of formations to find what suits me, I hadn't had to do that ever on a fifa game. FIFA 20 reminds me so much of real football now, gameplay has been slowed down abit and possession is key really. You need to find the spaces now, move the ball around between players till you find a way through. I must admit I struggle on fifa 20 compared to other fifa's and it's all because of the progress in field tactics compared to its previous games.

There were a time when pressing you B button would simply take the ball from the opposition on fifa with little concern that you'd pick up a foul, now you have to mainly use A button to softer tackle which is great because fifa 20 is as much about risk as it is about reward. If you risk making the wrong tackle you now will put the opposition onto you with a good possible advantage because you can't simply just get up quick from slides or at most they've added the swerved back on free kicks.

Defensively I find when they are charging me I'm have to drop back and anticipate there actions, rather than simply go upto them and often take that ball from them, one wrong move leaves them through on goal now. I find if I'm man v man because they have me on the counter it's best I drop back and hold the game up till my defense is back situated right.

To me the game is much more lovely to play now, it's a challenge and that's how I like it.

Has anyone done the SBC yet for Pukki, I did it last night took some working out but got him sorted for about 35k

1569751502743001.thumb.jpeg.d07b1b066d31034198822a1602d0bb51.jpeg

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Wow, a list of a lot of the things broken in career mode. EA are **** awful. It's shameful.

EA have said they will fix it and will at some point.

Don't know a game over recent years that is released without some bugs, glitches or game breaking errors.

I'm surprised that it's just that mode, I don't play it anyway as I do ultimate team which so far is absoloute fine, as is Volta, pro clubs and manager mode.

If anyone would like my two 82 rated full lists of players where one is a premier only squad and the other is a world bought squad don't hesitate to ask. they have the ratings and chemistry as well needed to complete both section of the SBC for Pukki, let me know and I'll write them up on here for you or send you a mail.

You have 18 days I believe to get this little bad boy of a player and yeah he's ace for cheap compares to what's out there now and the price you would pay, certainly worth the time and effort.

1569752127615001.jpeg

Edited by Dave-R

On 28/09/2019 at 07:32, Dr_Pangloss said:

I like how it's acceptable to release broken games and then 'patch them up' at a later date. Pretty shocking.

That's been happening since half way through last gen, I remember the start of it.

It's to do with publishers rushing developers into getting the gamer out there quicker and bringing that money back in as quick as possible.

I don't like it as much as anyone else, in a way I understand it though as they put up the collateral for developing teams to do what they do, is a shame that we as a gamer suffer for a while till they do sort it. It's a shame that it can take a year or so before a game reaches or starts reaching its full potential.

If you are a pc gamer then you should be used to this sort of thing, especially if you played mmo's or mmorpg games before all of it started happening on console.

In today world the work needed in making multiplayer games work has gone through the roof, the coding alone is absoloute astonishing and for every thing coded right then a number of things can go wrong in other areas which leads to more work. Finding the cause of such problems as bugs, glitches can be sometimes like finding a needle in a haystack we as gamers often thing this is all a simple process, it's not. Before you know it a 40-60 man dev team can be bogged down trying to find where one little bugs is hiding in the thousand or sometimes millions of little codes they have programmed into the very game we play. Its a very in depth world coding and developing is and even learning basic coding can be very intense.

I always said that the gaming world is unregulated and without consequences, the gamer suffers all while the publisher benefits from it. It's about time especially now that a governing body was introduced that could fine and be on the side of gamers. I do understand that gamers need to be protected, especially how I myself and many other have been on the wrong side of certain devs.

Trust me I think EA are an angel compared to some devs and publishers out there one example is the payday publisher and there developers. It's a long story but simply they left console players in limbo for a year and half last gen, there game was broken yet many of us paid for it, next gen came they rereleased it and those who bought into there promises were left again for another year till Microsoft and another developer had to help them sort the mess. As I said that was bang out of order what they did and there are others like them, yet i feel personally id rather have a game that is still playable with a list of bugs that you know will get fixed.

FIFA 20 will be in a year's time a much more refined game of what's released now, like Ubisoft' s the division will be or many other tripple A publishers and Devs with there games will be. Sometimes you might see a list in front of you and they also arnt just bugs, they are changes made because of fan feed back, changes that are welcomed by the majority of gamers who asked for them.

Sorry for the long essay.

The way I see it EA have had a year since FIFA 19 to develop and refine FIFA 20 for release. They've now released a broken game to millions of people who have each payed around £50 for a copy.

If FUT was broken and people were unable to purchase packs EA would have it fixed within 24 hours.

I don't buy a game for it to be a more refined game in a years time. I buy a game for it to be fully working at the time of release.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

EA have said they will fix it and will at some point.

Don't know a game over recent years that is released without some bugs, glitches or game breaking errors.

I'm surprised that it's just that mode, I don't play it anyway as I do ultimate team which so far is absoloute fine, as is Volta, pro clubs and manager mode.

A lot of these problems have been apparent since FIFA18 and EA have been saying they are going to fix these issues for years and haven't.

It's inexcusable now. I don't trust that they will fix it at all. Even though other games get released in a broken state, it's not an excuse and it's still wrong. It's a problem within the gaming industry, and EA are one of the main culprits of it. Battlefield, Madden and Anthem say hello. We shouldn't just accept it as the norm.

They only give a shit about FUT which has completely destroyed the game. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

A lot of these problems have been apparent since FIFA18 and EA have been saying they are going to fix these issues for years and haven't.

It's inexcusable now. I don't trust that they will fix it at all. Even though other games get released in a broken state, it's not an excuse and it's still wrong. It's a problem within the gaming industry, and EA are one of the main culprits of it. Battlefield, Madden and Anthem say hello. We shouldn't just accept it as the norm.

They only give a shit about FUT which has completely destroyed the game. 

The only solution and this has been talked about in many gaming forums before is that there be two editions worked on, one for single player and one for multiplayer. Most gamers would welcome that but the workload would increase a fair ammount and so would dev teams, they already keep there teams limited as is because of cost to them. Ibe read storys about dev teams being worked day and night as if it was a slave camp, sleeping away from familys and at work and some conditions that creates is awful. Dev teams often are put through that much stress now that it's really becoming a job that's not enjoyable anymore where it once was. It's the publishers handing dev teams tight and restricted budgets and time release windows, it's actually slave labour what is happening at times and alot of developers will go without pay and end up in financial stress because u till a game is released many devs do not see any wage, there have been many story's of developers having to put there houses and cars up or anything that is there just so they can continue to live until there game is sold. If anything I'd say what publisher do and the way they behave is beyond disgusting.

The problem without a doubt is the publisher, and like I said above in another post- untill this multi billion pound industry is governed properly and those who do wrong are made to feel justice then it's an industry that the rich will continue to benefit from and everyone else loses out in someway to.

Personally I've played the fifa's ever since its release with fifa 94, it's come on leaps and bounds. In what your talking about though whenever I play a game I always take notice of the patches that are being deployed, I read either there notes on there site or other media like N4g, gamespot, gamesradar, videogamer, even Twitter or Facebook pages. In respect to fifa 18, they were slow in deploying patches but they did eventually get up to speed, now whether you played the game till fifa 19 came out i dont know but i can tell you i for one did and much was fixed. Fifa 19 was a fair bit faster patch deployment and alot of the times little fixes were coming out. It still took some time to fix it all and around half a year or slightly less is where fifa 19 started to shine with its fixes, I certainly felt it anyway and noticed it.

One thing I do not do is listen to angry people on YouTube who are pissed at certain things with a game. What they do is slate a whole game as a whole and try to destroy everything about it, it's wrong in many ways. Many listen to that kind of rubbish and it's no better than a critic slating a film on release only to find once you've watched It you know they were talking absoloute crap because all they do is speak for themselves from there view and can not speak for the many. Information is knowledge here and the best type of info regarding things going wrong with games is visiting the games forums itself where you can sort through bull crap lime many of those videos and get to real answers your looking for.

I would put a bet that despite some things wrong with its career mode at the moment, that the majority of gamers who are playing it are enjoying the other parts of the game. Id say for the time being they will have put the career mode to the side and instead concentrate on the ma y other lovely game modes within fifa 20.

Â