FIFA 20

NurembergVillan

23 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Played the trial, it's the worst football game I've ever played. Tackling is not even possible.

Cancelled my pre-order, done with FIFA now.

I thought it was just me who couldn’t defend?

Can’t get to grips that the “X” button (PS4) now makes your defenders run away from the ball rather than close the opponent down.

Will take some getting used to but willing to give it a go. Will have a lot of tantrums mind 😂

2 hours ago, Si. said:

I thought it was just me who couldn’t defend?

Can’t get to grips that the “X” button (PS4) now makes your defenders run away from the ball rather than close the opponent down.

Will take some getting used to but willing to give it a go. Will have a lot of tantrums mind 😂

I've played some more today, slowly getting to grips with it. Online is a write off though, would be much easier to tackle if the tackle button worked.

I've found the key is that no one else can defend either so just run at them.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I've played some more today, slowly getting to grips with it. Online is a write off though, would be much easier to tackle if the tackle button worked.

Agreed mate, was 4-1 up just and lost 5-4 😂

Funny thing is, i'm scoring id say, on average 3 goals a game and still losing or drawing..

On 21/09/2019 at 19:41, wilko154 said:

This is my new tactic 😂 

Run and pushing the right analog stick to knock the ball past them, nobody has a clue 😂

I’ts a case of dragging your cdm back and holding L2 and timing the tackle or even bump in to the opposing player  ,one wrong move with the last line of defence and boom they are in enjoyable so far though better than 19 and I have somehow managed to get in to division 2  

23 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’ts a case of dragging your cdm back and holding L2 and timing the tackle or even bump in to the opposing player  ,one wrong move with the last line of defence and boom they are in enjoyable so far though better than 19 and I have somehow managed to get in to division 2  

Agreed, I hated it at first but I'm now slowly getting used to the changes.

I've found that if you play a CDM, change his role to stay back when attacking. He'll then be sat in front of the back four at all times, also don't take him past the halfway line and instead release the ball to a central midfielder.

Jockeying against wingers stops them beating you or crossing the ball a lot of the time, and stops you committing yourself and getting beaten. 

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Agreed, I hated it at first but I'm now slowly getting used to the changes.

I've found that if you play a CDM, change his role to stay back when attacking. He'll then be sat in front of the back four at all times, also don't take him past the halfway line and instead release the ball to a central midfielder.

Jockeying against wingers stops them beating you or crossing the ball a lot of the time, and stops you committing yourself and getting beaten. 

Yes and you need to look at the cdms work rate aswel I got Rodri sitting in front of my back 4 he has high Defensive work rate and medium attacking so he sits even deeper and breaks things up  

• Like 1

This has started off pretty nicely. Rather than buying players to use I've been sinking a load of coins into 150 coin silvers that are likely increase in value when the league squad building challenges come out. 

Marquee Matchups SBC tonight requiring Turkish silver cards, meaning the fifty or so that I had all went from 150 each to 5,000 each.

Figured they'd give me a decent return, I didn't think it would be that quick though.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

I haven't played ultimate team in years, wanted to give it a go this year and try not to spend any money. What I don't understand is the match making system, my team has Tom cleverly and is 4 star so why am I coming up against 5* worldie teams? I've took some right spankings off players who aren't great but just have the much superior team. 

So frustrating, I also hate how no uses defenders any more they just hold done lt with the cdm and let the cpu do all the work! 

13 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I haven't played ultimate team in years, wanted to give it a go this year and try not to spend any money. What I don't understand is the match making system, my team has Tom cleverly and is 4 star so why am I coming up against 5* worldie teams? I've took some right spankings off players who aren't great but just have the much superior team. 

So frustrating, I also hate how no uses defenders any more they just hold done lt with the cdm and let the cpu do all the work! 

Yeh I don't understand the match making system either. Getting smashed in most games online right now, in other games I'm either nicking wins or clinging on to draws.

Â