FIFA 20

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Romanian League added.  No word on whether the Russian League will be back in, or if the now long-forgotten Czech league will ever make a reappearance.

Yeah but it'd be swell if they just stopped dropping features from games only to bring those same features back 4 iterations later under the guise of "ZOMG LOOK AT THIS BRAND NEW THANG!".

Sometimes some features or modes need to be rested in sports games case I would say that although it doesn't look limited in what can be made for a football game, it really is. A dev can't go created whatever they want because your majority of content is tailored to what's in and around football. Where a FPS for instance like cod or battlefield could have a much wider variety of content created, fifa, other football games, sports games will always be just sports. So yes while i understand that you may not enjoy a game mode making a comeback, i also see that it may now be the right time for that mode to comeback. I also see that where once apun a time that a mode were out, it may of struggled to do certain things due to developer tools being unavailable, yet they come back to it years or a decade later the mode can be seen completely different. Really it's no different to let's say 3D when it was released way back in the 60's,70's or what ever it were, it used to give people real bad headaches and couldn't be done properly, they left it alone, now look at it in today's tech, it's a lovely sight to see.

A lot of hate on here for recent FIFA's... I didn't think 19 was great but I liked 18 a lot. Will probably get it - I find it hard to get the time/space to get really involved in long RPGs these days, so snatching the odd game of FIFA is the main gaming that I do. 

• Like 1

I would much prefer FUT if they were to make it a much, much harder game.

If you were to start with a bronze squad and really have to work to get better players by winning tournaments and leagues in order to upgrade your squad.

Right now you can have a world class starting 11 within 2 days of gameplay. The values of the better cards drop so quickly before they start handing out specially rated cards like sweets means I lose interest within a few weeks.

However I guess FUT is now how EA make their money.

FUT used to be alright.

You wouldn't have tens of thousands of teams with the world XI on release date, and lesser cards actually had value. Tournaments with limits on how many 80+ cards, or a limit on the team rate, etc. made for much more enjoyable squad building. 

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

However I guess FUT is now how EA make their money.

It's how they make a lot of their money. FIFA and Madden Ultimate Team modes contribute close to 30% of EA's total revenue generation per year. Apex Legends on the next earnings report will likely contribute a further 10-15% from loot crates, battle passes and timed events that cost players £180. Almost 50% of EA's revenue is generated from microtransactions, so provided they remain legal they'll keep finding more ways to monetise things. I love the sound of your idea of FUT and it's how the mode should work, and would work in an industry without transactions, but unfortunately it's a vehicle to sell shit and the whole game revolves around that mode now. 

• Like 1

On 30/08/2019 at 16:30, kurtsimonw said:

FUT used to be alright.

You wouldn't have tens of thousands of teams with the world XI on release date, and lesser cards actually had value. Tournaments with limits on how many 80+ cards, or a limit on the team rate, etc. made for much more enjoyable squad building. 

when you would try to get those 78-82 rated players that where good at one or two areas of the game. Find that pacy winger or defensive midfielder who also could pass. Eventually you'd afford one or two  top players in there. Good Times!

• 2 weeks later...

One positive this year is that they have scanned Villa players so an accurate Grealish, McGinn and our new stars is at least something. If that is there at launch and how many were actually scanned is hard too say though. Could end up coming later at a patch

On 12/09/2019 at 18:11, PieFacE said:

Looks like the UK Government are finally doing something right and are looking deeper into Lootboxes/FIFA packs and are stating that they should be regulated like normal gambling. **** finally. 

The sooner it all comes to an end the better. UT is such a horrible gamemode.

Yep this stuff is gambling and the legal age limit for gambling is 18, given the majority of FIFA's customers are below that age I'd hope all roads point to banning it outright. 

On 12/09/2019 at 18:11, PieFacE said:

Looks like the UK Government are finally doing something right and are looking deeper into Lootboxes/FIFA packs and are stating that they should be regulated like normal gambling. **** finally. 

The sooner it all comes to an end the better. UT is such a horrible gamemode.

They do this and it will screw fifa 20 ultimate team up because there will be no way to get packs other than earn them. Inflation will hit fifa 20 if the uk bans the purchase of fifa points within ultimate team and player who go for crazy now on fifa 19 will only have less players with cards on the market and selling them at full whack to get the most off of one card.

Saying that fifa 19 for me, I had made a fair bit of fifa coins just by buying and selling players or packing players that sold for very good prices. Don't think I made many fifa point purchases and ended up with a very decent +86 rated ultimate squad that was very capable of beating those who had 90+ rated squads in division rivals.

Edited by Dave-R

Have preordered my fifa 20 today, CD keys have the ultimate version which has 24 player packs for £79.99, all while game and other retailers are selling that at around £90.00 +

https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=fifa+20+xbox+one

Edited by Dave-R

Kits look ok (even have the third kit) but the players other than heaton, elmo & taylor are rather shite

Sorry it's wonky & off my phone which seems to have created some horrible motion blur & artifacts but you can see the home & third kits in action

Also very odd seeing juvenile called piemonte calico complete with piemonte badge due to pes exclusive licence

CPMhXkZ.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Kits look ok (even have the third kit) but the players other than heaton, elmo & taylor are rather shite

Sorry it's wonky & off my phone which seems to have created some horrible motion blur & artifacts but you can see the home & third kits in action

Also very odd seeing juvenile called piemonte calico complete with piemonte badge due to pes exclusive licence

CPMhXkZ.jpg

I presume that's Grealish?  Dunno what's worse, his head or his skinny cripple-legs.

Â