Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Killeen30

Villa Shirt Collections?

Recommended Posts

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you collect our shirts from over the years! I collect shirts in general but I’m mad for collecting Villa shirts in particular, names and numbers the lot!

Anyone else a bit like that? If so what is you favourite shirts or your most rare? Feel free to add photos! How far do your collections go back etc

Maybe this thread will sink like a stone but it’s always something I wondered. Especially with the interest ever summer in the new kit threads each year!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking at my closet recently and noticed my Villa collection is getting big, now making up the majority of my kit collection. What I have so far. Looking to add last season's 3rd kit to round it off. The bolded I bought during the actual season at retail. The rest were steals.

08/09 Home shirt (my first ever Villa shirt, it's in pretty bad shape now lol) and long-sleeve away player issue shirt (no sponsor)

09/10 Home and away

11/12 Home player issue, and away (sponsor since completely washed off, looks quite nice actually)

16/17 Home shirt

18/19 Home and away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our best Keeper shirt is definitely in my opinion the ASICS 1993/95 shattered rainbow glass shirt!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first shirt was the Müller home shirt in 94(?). Has some Coca cola cup winner thing attached, so maybe it's 95? Either way it's my favourite one because of memories and stuff, but from a design pov I think it's ugly as feck 😂

Quite like the Rover one from 2003(?). Kinda clean. 

Really liked the yellow away shirt from 2015. 

This years away is alright, but the shoulder ruined it for me. 

I never had the Mita one, but the Mita and 82 kit looks very good. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a sizable (100+) Villa shirt collection, starting selling them on eBay a few months ago when we found out we couldn't board our loft up for storage (joists weren't big enough) and needed to clear some space.  Made about £3k in the space of a month or so and have used it to build the (very basic) recording studio I've always wanted.  Them Asics goalie shirts fetch a fair bit!  Kept hold of one or two faves, like the match-worn/squad-signed Bosnich 94/95 shattered glass goalie top and the similarly MW/SS Alan Wright 95/96 home kit (I could wear it as a hat, it's freakishly small).

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold all my rare ones recently this was my fave

20190217_205215 (1) (1) (1).jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Sold all my rare ones recently this was my fave

20190217_205215 (1) (1) (1).jpg

Uh wow. That's a beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Sold all my rare ones recently this was my fave

20190217_205215 (1) (1) (1).jpg

Ah...the 83/84 home. My actual favourite shirt as a kid was the away from that season. Been after an original for quite some time as lost mine over the years. 

aston-villa-away-football-shirt-1983-1984-s_559_1.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Ah...the 83/84 home. My actual favourite shirt as a kid was the away from that season. Been after an original for quite some time as lost mine over the years. 

aston-villa-away-football-shirt-1983-1984-s_559_1.jpeg

Yep I had that one too but sold it!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S-Platt said:

Yep I had that one too but sold it!  

Was going to give you a like as well but your a wrong un lol!! How come you let them go? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Was going to give you a like as well but your a wrong un lol!! How come you let them go? 

I needed some funds for a house deposit!  Missus was giving me grief! I know I know don't settle down kids 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would give my left nut for this one proper rare!

ASTON-VILLA-Original-1984-le-coq-sportif-Away.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Sold all my rare ones recently this was my fave

20190217_205215 (1) (1) (1).jpg

I really wish I'd known because I would have liked a chat about shirts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Had a sizable (100+) Villa shirt collection, starting selling them on eBay a few months ago when we found out we couldn't board our loft up for storage (joists weren't big enough) and needed to clear some space.  Made about £3k in the space of a month or so and have used it to build the (very basic) recording studio I've always wanted.  Them Asics goalie shirts fetch a fair bit!  Kept hold of one or two faves, like the match-worn/squad-signed Bosnich 94/95 shattered glass goalie top and the similarly MW/SS Alan Wright 95/96 home kit (I could wear it as a hat, it's freakishly small).

Love that mate!  The Asics goalie shirts are beautiful!  Just don't make them like that anymore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I needed some funds for a house deposit!  Missus was giving me grief! I know I know don't settle down kids 😜

Been and done already so I know where your at. Tough at times but life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I would give my left nut for this one proper rare!

ASTON-VILLA-Original-1984-le-coq-sportif-Away.jpg

Yeah, I think that's my favourite ever, it's a beaut. Shame it's like rocking horse poop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I would give my left nut for this one proper rare!

ASTON-VILLA-Original-1984-le-coq-sportif-Away.jpg

Trying to work out when we wore this??? I remember now but had forgotten about it. Was it v Penerol??Beautiful top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Been and done already so I know where your at. Tough at times but life. 

That's why you'll see a run of shirts all listed at once from time to time on eBay, nice as a buyer if you purchase something you've been after but always feel for the seller!

I have had to buy some of my old 90's shirts again in a respectable size haha, all mine were around 50/52.  As a 39 year old I am now a medium!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â