Cup Final One of Thirty Six: Prematch

TheAuthority

On 18/08/2019 at 21:30, momo said:

The good old kick up the ass?

If he needed one maybe, but he's still been one of our best players. This Grealish bashing it the weirdest and most ambarassing theme I've ever seen on here.  People seem desperate for him to fail. 

5 hours ago, Enda said:

I'd continue with Taylor and Elmo, drop El Ghazi for Conor, and try Jack in a more wide role.

Everton have to be favourites... VP might be toxic at full-time.

Villa 5th in league for shots and =5th shots on target

Everton 13th for shots =18th for shots on target

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Villa 5th in league for shots and =5th shots on target

Everton 13th for shots =18th for shots on target

Unfortunately there's only one table that counts.

• Like 2

Everton haven't really played that well by all accounts. Let's hope they don't find their form today. The midfield battle will be key. They might over power us and I am worried about all the spaces we were leaving in midfield which Sigurddson could expose. 

9 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Jack has already retweeted this.

It's awful and stuff, but why ? 12 years ago seems an odd number.  Did he have a family of Villa fans? 

Edit. Ah nevermind.  I guess it's 12 years to the exact day. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

I think it's important not to lose tonight. I'd take a point right now. 

Hard to know what will happen with the starting 11. Did DS see enough after the terrible start to keep the same 11 from the Bournemouth game? Is it time Guilbert or Targett to get a start? Surely Marvelous can't be far off at least a spot on the bench? Does Jota get a start over ElGhazi? 

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think it's important not to lose tonight. I'd take a point right now. 

Hard to know what will happen with the starting 11. Did DS see enough after the terrible start to keep the same 11 from the Bournemouth game? Is it time Guilbert or Targett to get a start? Surely Marvelous can't be far off at least a spot on the bench? Does Jota get a start over ElGhazi? 

From Dean's recent comments, Marvelous is not fit enough yet and he's pleased with Elmo and Taylor so I'm pretty sure they will keep their places for now.

I'd say most chance for Jota to come in with EG as an impact sub which I think makes more sense than the other way round, but more likely it'll be the same team IMO.

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's awful and stuff, but why ? 12 years ago seems an odd number.  Did he have a family of Villa fans? 

Edit. Ah nevermind.  I guess it's 12 years to the exact day. 

As far as I know, no he didn’t have a family of Villa fans, he was an 11 year old boy who supported Everton shot and murdered 12 years ago... is it really a problem if they want to show solidarity during a football match? Why would you even question this?

If you don’t want to applaud then don’t. 

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

As far as I know, no he didn’t have a family of Villa fans, he was an 11 year old boy who supported Everton shot and murdered 12 years ago... is it really a problem if they want to show solidarity during a football match? Why would you even question this?

If you don’t want to applaud then don’t. 

I have no problems with it if it's 12 years to the date, cause then it actually has a valid reason. If it didn't, as per my original question, then why have it? We can't have applause and silence for everything in the world every single match. 

But like I said, if it's 12 year to the date, I see the point of it. 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I have no problems with it if it's 12 years to the date, cause then it actually has a valid reason. If it didn't, as per my original question, then why have it? We can't have applause and silence for everything in the world every single match. 

But like I said, if it's 12 year to the date, I see the point of it. 

It is 12 years to the date.

29 minutes ago, rubberman said:

From Dean's recent comments, Marvelous is not fit enough yet and he's pleased with Elmo and Taylor so I'm pretty sure they will keep their places for now.

I'd say most chance for Jota to come in with EG as an impact sub which I think makes more sense than the other way round, but more likely it'll be the same team IMO.

I agree, I think it will be the same team.

I'd expect us to try and keep it very tight the first 10-20 minutes after the slow start against Bournemouth and El Ghazi is more useful than Jota in those circumstances 

He's better at working back and defending his full back, and also his height is useful both defensively and going forward. I wouldn't be surprised if Jota comes on at some point though, depending on how the game is going.

I think if we had some better options in his position El Ghazi would probably be out, I just don't see us moving our team around too much to enforce that change, certainly not moving our best player and captain out wide where he'll have less influence and have to work back half of the time.

All that said, if El Ghazi doesn't perform tonight it is going to give Smith a headache going forward. 

Everton are a good team, but I've a feeling we might get a point out of this, I'm going for 1-1.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hippo said:

0-2 is all I can see.

Hope Davis gets a start

Why? So we can see why he hasn't score a goal for 2 years.

Our only hope up front is basically Wesley and at a push Kodjia, if either of those can't hack it we're gonna be shopping around in January that's for sure. 

Hopefully Wesley bags one tonight.

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

What i would go for as well.

All played well except El Ghazi so he fully deserves to be dropped. Pressure on Wesley also imo, he need to improve or Davis or Kodjia when back fit should get they're chance.

Thank God Smith won't be as knee jerk as you.