Rugby World Cup 2019

mikeyp102

Fantastic game of rugby. The ferocity of both sides at the break down was quality. Japan have to be considered in future conversations about an expanded rugby championship. They've beaten 3 tier one nations now in the last 4 years. Since Italy's inception into the 6 nations 19 years ago they've won maybe 6 or 7 ?

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Great game of rugby and Japan deserve all the plaudits for their well deserved progression to the knockout stages. 

they play such a lovely brand of rugby! A joy to watch.

I think the Boks have their number though this time. I think they'll win and win quite well. Hammered Japan in a test pre tournament. As an Irish man im not looking forward to what we've to go up against next saturday morning. England-Australia will be an absolute cracker. And those sneaky French. Wouldn't even know they're at the WC would you. They will have zero hang ups or fear of Wales.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

England will smash us, we’re not at the races this WC. 

Lealiifano needs to start at 10. Toomua better from the bench. England are going in very undercooked. They've had no test. Might not of been a bad thing for them had the France game went ahead. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Lealiifano needs to start at 10. Toomua better from the bench. England are going in very undercooked. They've had no test. Might not of been a bad thing for them had the France game went ahead. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

As an Englishman I’m  not so sure. You lot always raise your game when you play us. On our day we can beat anyone, but we can also lose to anyone. We are very up and down. We haven’t had to play for a full 80 minutes in this World Cup so I just hope we don’t switch off 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

As an Englishman I’m  not so sure. You lot always raise your game when you play us. On our day we can beat anyone, but we can also lose to anyone. We are very up and down. We haven’t had to play for a full 80 minutes in this World Cup so I just hope we don’t switch off 

England might be undercooked. They've not had a test at all.  England - Australia will take on a life of its own. Always genuine needle. Cheika is 0-6 against Jones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

And those sneaky French. Wouldn't even know they're at the WC would you. They will have zero hang ups or fear of Wales

Golden rule with the French, if they haven't messed up yet, they will

Wales have won 7 of the last 8 meetings

Should be a cracker of a game though

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Golden rule with the French, if they haven't messed up yet, they will

Wales have won 7 of the last 8 meetings

Should be a cracker of a game though

Paris this year will still be fresh in French minds, or at least it should be. They had Wales bet out the gate then just reverted to normal France. Imploded. Wouldn't know what they'll do. They don't even know. They've played 25 minutes of great rugby so far in the Argentina game. Can't trust them though.

• Like 1

The Cheika v Jones narrative is building nicely this week. Suits England, takes the spotlight off them. They are favourites. If they play as they can they'll win but i think this might be the best version of Australia they'll of run into in Jones's time so far. Think it will be a very physical game this one.

England team announced and confirmation that Billy Vunipola is fit to start. 

Big game for Henry Slade who plays alongside Tuilagi.

No Jack nowell on the bench though :(

Think it's one of the strongest 15s we could field and should be enough to progress. 

England team to face Australia:

15 Elliot Daly

14 Anthony Watson

13 Henry Slade

12 Manu Tuilagi

11 Jonny May

10 Owen Farrell (captain)

9 Ben Youngs

1 Mako Vunipola

2 Jamie George

3 Kyle Sinckler

4 Maro Itoje

5 Courtney Lawes

6 Tom Curry

7 Sam Underhill

8 Billy Vunipola

Replacements

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie

17 Joe Marler

18 Dan Cole

19 George Kruis

20 Lewis Ludlam

21 Willi Heinz

22 George Ford

23 Jonathan Joseph

29 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

England team announced and confirmation that Billy Vunipola is fit to start. 

Big game for Henry Slade who plays alongside Tuilagi.

No Jack nowell on the bench though :(

Think it's one of the strongest 15s we could field and should be enough to progress. 

England team to face Australia:

15 Elliot Daly

14 Anthony Watson

13 Henry Slade

12 Manu Tuilagi

11 Jonny May

10 Owen Farrell (captain)

9 Ben Youngs

1 Mako Vunipola

2 Jamie George

3 Kyle Sinckler

4 Maro Itoje

5 Courtney Lawes

6 Tom Curry

7 Sam Underhill

8 Billy Vunipola

Replacements

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie

17 Joe Marler

18 Dan Cole

19 George Kruis

20 Lewis Ludlam

21 Willi Heinz

22 George Ford

23 Jonathan Joseph

I’m really surprised about dropping Ford as He’s had a good World Cup and Jones appeared to like the double axis of him and Farrell. No Nowell or Cockanasinga is a surprise but then Joseph can cover Slade If he gets injured, still a bit of a gamble.

Pack is very strong and mobile. Hopefully Billy is fully fit . Although Ludlum has been a good back up this World Cup 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m really surprised about dropping Ford as He’s had a good World Cup and Jones appeared to like the double axis of him and Farrell. No Nowell or Cockanasinga is a surprise

That's pretty much what I thought. I'm most surprised by the lack of Nowell on the bench.

Â