Rugby World Cup 2019

mikeyp102

Thoroughly enjoyed that half of rugby. Hard, fair, competitive contest played, it seems, in the right spirit. 

Also, brilliantly refereed and the common sense seen in the use of TMO a case study of how VAR should be implemented. 

• Like 1

No major surprises from the 1st round of games in the respective pools. Thought Scotland might run us a bit closer but couldn't live with us granted they were poor. Wales will find that Georgian pack a tough nut to crack but ultimately they'll be too good .

Throws the pool wide open. I still think Scotland will beat Japan, we were so naive with our kick game today when we had the ball in midfield. Simply can't kick ball down to their FB and expect them to send it back. They'll run it from anywhere. Credit to them though. I counted 2 kickable penalties they gave away. That's incredible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Deserved by Japan, Ireland predictably shitting the bed in a World Cup isn't a surprise 

Said before its like the England 2000s Golden Generation. All hype

I'm guessing you are English ? You've beaten literally nobody so far. Argies could turn England over next weekend.

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

First time Ireland have been upset by a non tier 1 nation at a WC. 

Look how massive the Scotland win was now. If we lost we'd be out now. Japan are funny. Great, emerging side but could conceivably lose to Samoa and Scotland in their remaining games.

Â