Salary Earnings

ender4

Are your earnings more, less or about right compared to the work you actually do?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are your earnings more, less or about right compared to the work you actually do?

• Paid MORE than job is worth
    • Paid LESS than job is worth
    • Paid about right for job done

So do people think that their salary is fair for the work they carry out?

So not based on the work you're supposed to do, or your job title, or the industry average for your profession, but based on the actual work you do each day.

Don't worry, we won't tell your employer if you are overpaid :winkold:

My earnings vary across the year but then I only work part time anyway.. through choice. I'd say that for work I quote for i tend to underquote and work i do to stabilise my income during winter I am underpaid or occasionally ripped off.

I could earn more or less elsewhere and in fact took a pay cut to move to my current role in terms of basic salary, I do get a bonus now though which should take me above my previous salary (assuming it pays out).

I think I am paid about right for my role, hours, value etc... If I had stayed in London, I could have earned up to 15/20k more basic but I would have had to do a job that would have bored me (ie, product control at a bank). I do enjoy my current role as much as I could ever enjoy work so i am fairly satisfied.

35 hour week and fairly easy work when things are going well. However the hours can be extremely anti social at times and of course the job carries a lot of responsibility.

I earn a lot more than a mate of mine who has a degree and edits a regional newspaper but in terms of my industry i could earn a little extra elsewhere but id be selling the quality of my home life to do so.

'bout right, I guess. 'nuff money for me, anyway.

I try not to get things wrong and to get things right, and If I don't get things wrong, and do get it right, I'm worth it ( I think).

I have to admit, I`m about right.

At work for 45 hours a week - so probably paid correctly for the time - but out of that, only have about 5 hours of work per day and the rest of the time is spent on the Internet. Therefore, I feel I am paid too much for the actual work I do.

I`ll much rather have a happy medium - less hours, and more work and then I would be happy - but as usual, bosses don`t really listen to suggestions

I do a 40 hour week, my job isnt physically strenuous so in that respect I think I may be getting paid over what I should, but it is a tedious, boring job so the very little work I actually do takes alot from me mentally so I think I get paid under what I should. Although I can pretty much read forums all days.

Â