Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager;s Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/19 at 22:59

It's like we've never been away, That was painful, reminded me of our later seasons of the prem

Give away a pen after 45 seconds, concede posetion softly for a player to strike the ball taking a deflection of mings and hitting the post and still going in followed by missing half a dozen clear chances

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Jesus the negativity in this thread , chill out boys 😂 Were some fans expecting 6 points already? Two games into the season. This was never going to be easy, we're still finding our feet. Thought we deserved something from the game. Just wasn't going to be our day but plenty of really good football though. 

We were the better team for 78 minutes. Gifted them a penalty in 42 seconds and a mistake from Luis (who I thought was brilliant btw) got ANOTHER lucky deflection off Mings to hit the post and go in. 

Elmo did okay, Taylor defensively was very good, still offers zero in attack. Would like to see Targett start our next game. 

Trez looks bright, needs to work on his strength but he'll adapt. Wesley is getting better, glimpses of talent there. 

We're unlucky to be 2 games in with 0 points. It'll come. 

I thought we were decent today. Luckiest win Bournemouth will get this season. Luiz is a talent. Jack needs to pull his head out of his hole. Never done it in this league so no good acting like bertie big bollocks. Just put it in.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimzk5 said:

It's like we've never been awayThat was painful, reminded me of our later seasons of the prem

Give away a pen after 45 seconds, concede posetion soft for a player to strike the ball taking a deflection of mings and hitting the post and still going in followed by missing half a dozen clear chances

Bloody hell we weren’t nowhere near that bad..

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

It's like we've never been away, That was painful, reminded me of our later seasons of the prem

Give away a pen after 45 seconds, concede posetion softly for a player to strike the ball taking a deflection of mings and hitting the post and still going in followed by missing half a dozen clear chances

Rubbish, heads never dropped, kept fighting and trying to 95 minutes, look at those statistics?

864C7F88-8A72-49BB-A18F-FBDFBAD0A3BF.jpeg

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 4

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

And you’re certain of what after 2 games Jim?

That we won’t finish anywhere near the top ten. 

• Like 1

Can't keep writing games off, at some point we're going to have to show that we're capable of winning games at this level, or before we know it we'll be cut adrift in the bottom three. The longer we go without a win, the harder it's going to be to get one.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Can't keep writing games off, at some point we're going to have to show that we're capable of winning games at this level, or before we know it we'll be cut adrift in the bottom three. The longer we go without a win, the harder it's going to be to get one.

This is the important thing. Need to get points before it becomes too much of a thing . 

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think we need Hourihane's set pieces as we look like we will struggle to score a huge amount.

I like Conor a lot but Luiz is a different class. Agree about goals though, suspect we’ve been penny wise & pound foolish over a few players this summer. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Rubbish, heads never dropped, kept fighting and trying to 95 minutes

I didn't say that, I was saying it  reminded of the villa in the prem for the last few seasons we was in it

We played well, the stats were well in our favour and yet we still lost against a team with a shocking away record 

We just needed any other start than the one we got. Really careless and stupid from an experienced pro in the first minute made the whole team look nervous.

Again another error with that dummy from Douglas, maybe he got a fake teammate shout from a Bournemouth player, but even the strike was lucky to get that deflection and hit the right side of the post. It felt all too familiar the feeling of being behind and looking out of sorts in the PL.

Then came the non-sending off of Billing, despite VAR. The challenge on Jack was late and another yellow. He then committed another 2 fouls and thats when I knew it wasnt going to be our day.

But credit to the side for regrouping and having a go, we carved out a few decent openings with Wesleys cutback for Trez, Jack missing that header aswell as a couple of decent efforts from McGinn. Typical aswell we'd have 10+ corners and a few free kicks the week Conor doesnt play whereas last week we didnt have a single corner.

Hard to pick a MOTM as I didn't feel anyone was particularly good, gave it to Douglas for recovering from his mistake to put in a decent performance and score a great goal on top. We'll be in a dogfight this season, just hope we have enough. Want to see Guilbert start next week.

Frustrating day, familiar feeling, hoping we come out the other side and grow into the season sooner rather than later. UTV

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't understand why he isn't starting Guilbert and Targett. If they don't start next Friday I'd be worried what the plan is going forward. You have to have attacking full backs in this league. 

WhoScored had Elmo as clear MoM (both teams) based on his contribution

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't understand why he isn't starting Guilbert and Targett. If they don't start next Friday I'd be worried what the plan is going forward. You have to have attacking full backs in this league. 

They played Jota , Guilbert and Targett all summer and we looked decent. I can't help but feel Smith has left points on the table for the sake of keeping Taylor and Elmo happy .

Our season starts when Guilbert does IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We just needed any other start than the one we got. Really careless and stupid from an experienced pro in the first minute made the whole team look nervous.

Can't underestimate how crippling that was . We were a bag of nerves for the next 15 minutes because of that brainfart.

If Heaton was awake it's a completely different game.

Â