Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager;s Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/19 at 22:59

Only caught the second half but saw a lot to be encouraged by. Not sure where our goals are going to come from though. Wesley needs to step up significantly from what we’ve seen so far. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Better team in a PL game for 60 minutes. Moment of madness by Heaton, lucky deflection and a shit ref. 

Honestly dont understand what some of you watched and are expecting. 

How were we better? They completely contained us and we barely looked threatening. They almost got a third. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Bad mistakes but ample time to recover, just no teeth, no sharpness in the final third. Only Trez and SJM looked like making anything happen, Luiz came into the game but was largely unsupported and had to go backwards/sideways more than I suspect he wants to. Defenders solid, couldn't do much about the goals. Really could've used better crossing from our fullbacks, bad, floated balls into Wesley time and again.

We need quality off the bench in games like this and that we don't have. I don't think Kodija would of made a difference today either. I've a feeling it could be a long few months till the January window but I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

Progress for me. Were the better side for most of the game against an established Premier side.

Only immediate concern is I'm struggling to see where goals are going to come from as Wesley looks in reality like he looked on his highlights reel ..... very average, no obvious attributes to speak of, lightweight and Bambi on ice with the ball at his feet. Hope he learns fast - and he might do that - otherwise we have an Ian Ormondroyd on our hands here !!!

Just now, Spoony said:

How were we better? They completely contained us and we barely looked threatening. They almost got a third. 

I think we were obviously the better team on the day. Yes they defended the lead, but it's not like we didn't create chances ourselves. McGinn and Grealish both missed sitters. 

• Like 1

Very very disappointing. A game we could and should have won if we had played the way did in the second half throughout. Again plenty of promise but we are going to struggle all year if we don't cut out the mistakes and take our chances. Trez decent, Luiz at times excellent, El Gahzi and Wesley look a bit out of their depth, I'm afraid. Two games, two losses. Need a point against Everton and I'd take a draw now.

Professional job by an established premier league team. There were positives though:

* pressed them and created good chances in the second half

* Jack and Douglas Luiz found their groove and had good games despite of early struggles

* the team showed fight and on another day they could have got a result

Negatives :

* Heaton. Ugh

* Taylor is useless when they have to attack. WTF was Dean Smith thinking...

* Not sure what Jota does, he’s ssssllloooowwww

Onto friday. Hopefully less nerves then and getting the first point.

Not sure what to think after that. Conceding the penalty so early, totally killed is. Too many players bowing hot and cold. Although the decision by Atkinson to essentially let Bournemouth keep 11 players on the pitch, was appauling. Hard to say how Wesley will do, he improved today but we weren't playing to his strengths. Also though Luiz was awful for an 30mins but I can see him being a decent player. Defo need to bring in the new wing backs and we need to improve fast. 

Â