Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager;s Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/19 at 22:59

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

That is the biggest load of absolute rubbish I have ever read.  Worst player on the pitch? An absolutely ludicrous over reaction. 

Watch the half hour highlights back, he was at the heart of everything we did well.

I would agree.

Jack is not as dominant as he was in EFL games - but this was always going to be the case in the PL against the best CM'ers in the world.  He has still looked decent though whilst getting up to speed with the league.  Maybe not as eye catching as SJM but his role carries a bit more responsibility as he is being asked to come from deeper and carry the ball more.  Both will get better as they grow into the league and, even more importantly, Dougie Luiz gets up to speed at the base of the midfield and allows them more freedom/interacts better with them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

That is the biggest load of absolute rubbish I have ever read.  Worst player on the pitch? An absolutely ludicrous over reaction. 

Watch the half hour highlights back, he was at the heart of everything we did well.

Maybe, that's the point, he shouldn't have to be.....Otherwise some of the players, he is helping are not doing their own job.....maybe some players we think are doing ok, are not....and Jack feels he has to come to their aid.

Jack is a fine player, we all know that......but he has to be , where players can find him......when he is at the heart of everything, his positional play can be questionable.

He should playing further forward IMV and picking up the bits and pieces and going at the opposition with conviction, other players should also be getting closer to him to link,like Norwich do.....lose the ball and someone else picks it up....

Its early days and maybe Jack thinks he has to help everybody, but he has to help himself by taking up positions that hurt the opposition.....Jack has to score more goals to fulfil his reputation.

Edited by TRO

Â