Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager;s Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/19 at 22:59

Bournemouth will see that as a comfortable win. 

McGinn was excellent. Jack was poor. Wesley was poor. El Ghazi was poor.  Lovely goal from Luiz.  We need to get points on the board ASAP but Everton isn't going to be easy at all. 

Edited by The_Rev

Not good enough. I don’t see where our goals will come from. Stupid passes, stupid crosses, attacking three look weak and Bournemouth ultimately punished us then contained us.

Special mention to the awful refereeing but we shot ourselves in that game. 

• Like 1

What a frustrating game. One individual error, a huge piece of bad luck and then a lot of huffing and puffing but just couldn't break through, only we've probably scored the best goal we'll see at Villa Park this year.

And let's not forgot the Referee clearly refusing to send off Billing despite, without exaggeration, around 4/5 occurrences where he could/should have gone. Wouldn't surprise me if he paid Mr Howe a visit at HT and told him to sub him.

The opening 10 minutes cost us 3-points today. We can't be giving teams chances like that. Bournemouth offered nothing outside of the opening 15 minutes, it was all Villa for the majority of the match and yes we didn't do enough with the ball and that's an issue, but this loss stings because it was our actions at the start that lost us the game ultimately. 

Didn't think we played too badly apart from the obvious errors. 

I feel we made a huge mistake not bringing in another striker and winger though. Jota doesn't look up to it and lacks pace. El-Ghazi was always going to be questionable at this level. Trez looks bright though. 

I feel like our bench is already really weak in terms of attacking options and we're 2 games into the season. With injuries and suspensions we'll look bare-bones.

• Like 4

Â