Pubs and Colours

sidcow

Anyone know where most Villa will drink before the game? I am thinking around Marylebone but around London Bridge might be better.   I would prefer to avoid pubs immediately round the ground as I assume there is probably like one away pub which will be rammed. 

How are Palace with away fans? Is it advisable to avoid wearing Colours? 

On 15/08/2019 at 19:23, sidcow said:

Anyone know where most Villa will drink before the game? I am thinking around Marylebone but around London Bridge might be better.   I would prefer to avoid pubs immediately round the ground as I assume there is probably like one away pub which will be rammed. 

How are Palace with away fans? Is it advisable to avoid wearing Colours? 

Don’t know how reliable this site is but

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/premier-league/selhurst-park-crystal-palace.html#apubs-for-away-fans

With the closing of 'The Flora Sandes' Wetherspoons pub opposite Thornton Heath Station, then the choice of pubs has become quite limited. There is 'The Railway Telegraph' on Brigstock Road (as you come out of Thornton Heath station turn right and the pub is further down on the left). This pub serves Youngs beers and is quite spacious. It is then about a 15 minute walk from here to Selhurst Park (as you come out of the pubs turn right and follow the other fans). There are also plenty of Kebab and Chip shops available on the route to the ground. Generally, beer and lager are served inside the ground, although for certain high profile games, the Club choose not to serve alcohol to away supporters. The choice of alcohol includes; Carlsberg Lager (Bottle £4.50), Somersby Cider (Bottle £4.50) and Wine (Small Bottle £4.50). Alas, away fans don't get to enjoy the 'Palace Ale' which is produced by a craft brewery owned by Neil Morrissey for the Club and is available in the home sections. The nearest you will get is buying a 'Palace Ale Hot Dog'

• Thanks 1

there is this site too

https://www.awaygames.co.uk/away-day-guides/crystal-palace-away/#1467742947293-3ab1755b-3383

There are a number of away friendly pubs near Selhurst Park, all of which cater to different needs. Please note, however, that some bars require club colours to be covered and some do not allow children.

However, rather than take our word for it, we want to give you the view from other away fans who have visited Selhurst Park.

Over the coming months we will be building up fans reviews of the best places to drink on an away trip to Crystal Palace, and you’ll be able to find them here.

In the meantime, we’ve included a map below with all the best away pubs highlighted for you.

scroll down to find the map

Â