Pre match thread

roonst83

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8971064bfc84113b71c45

Game day. So excited to get back to VP. 

I have a feeling Smith will change it up a bit today, with Douglas Luiz and Targett coming in. 

I think Elmo and Trez stay in the side. 

I’d put Guilbert in too

I'd like to see four changes from last week's starting eleven. 

Full backs changed for Targett and Guilbert, Luiz in for Hourihane and, Jota for El Ghazi. Switch Trezeguet over to the left and play Jota on the right = sorted. 

• Like 2

On 11/08/2019 at 10:52, OutByEaster? said:

I've woken up with a feeling we'll lose this one. Bournemouth are a good side and I just get a feeling we'll think it'll be easier than it will be. 

Some fans may do but I don’t think the management will. They will know every side, especially established teams, this season have an advantage over play off finalists with half a new team. 

Truth is we need to be winning home games against teams like Bournemouth, or given it’s our second match, at least getting a point.

I don’t see us losing and hope for a 2-0 win.

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8971064bfc84113b71c45

Game day. So excited to get back to VP. 

I have a feeling Smith will change it up a bit today, with Douglas Luiz and Targett coming in. 

I think Elmo and Trez stay in the side. 

These would be good changes. Taylor offers nothing going forward, he's actually a negative, so needs replacing. I'd stick to Elmo, he can cross.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d put Guilbert in too

I think Targett will come in, but the team otherwise being unchanged from Spurs. Luiz will get 30 minutes in the second half and Guilbert will come on after 70 minutes. Jota will feature but will replace either EG or Trez second half.

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Proper pitch.

What a crowd.

Remember it well.......my first season going to Villa playing the likes of Bournemouth, Notts County in the old third division.......great days in the old Witton Lane and Holte.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

Hourihane will almost certainly start today IMO... it's a big game, first game at home and we'll want to be on the front foot but also start with a relatively settled team that's not going to be phased by playing at Villa Park. We need to set the foundations for fortress Villa this weekend. For that reason i think that Taylor and Elmo will probably start also. It's going to be an interesting tactical battle but i think we can control this game a little more and exert some real pressure. We'll need to be weary of the counter attack though.

3 - 1 to the Villa.