Pre match thread

roonst83

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Fraser huge danger for them. I worry whoever is left back, but I'd definitely go Targett.

What makes Fraser far more dangerous is the fact I've sold him from my fantasy team.  Sorry guys, my bad.

• Like 2

On 14/08/2019 at 02:20, KHV said:

I think far too many people are thinking Bournemouth are easy. I think it will take us a while to get going. These were the sort of games Wolves struggled in last year

There are no easy games in the Premier League !!!

So much money at stake that every game counts. Villa need to put down a marker & take all three points from a possible relegation candidate

If we can kick it with that Spurs outfit for the better part of 80 minutes, then we should be able to hold our own and set the scenery against Bournemouth.

Personally i think we might be in for a few months of adaptation, and perhaps results not going our way, just like Smith's rough patch in the Championship.

I hope not though, hopefully we have enough quality on the day to take the three points.

I have my basketball match on Saturday night, but I'm going to come home and rest/sleep so I can watch this one live with you all.

• Like 1

I've refrained from posting since the season kicked off because I'm not good at guessing.

It will take us half a dozen games or more before we see a clearly defined first team and a system that suits those players.

I'd love us to beat Bournemouth but "who and how" are beyond me at the moment. 

Looking forward to this one. 

I think the first few matches are going to be difficult because of all the new players.

A victory here will be great but I still think that even if we don’t get off to a great start pointwise we should be optimistic if we play ok. 

We have a positive and inspiring manager and a great backing as well.

• Like 2

This will be my first ever game in the Upper North. Which also happens to be my first game with my new season ticket!

I’m predicting a tough game, but a win and a great atmosphere.

2-1 Villa, Wesley and McGinn scoring for us. Wilson getting theirs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

This will be my first ever game in the Upper North. Which also happens to be my first game with my new season ticket!

I’m predicting a tough game, but a win and a great atmosphere.

2-1 Villa, Wesley and McGinn scoring for us. Wilson getting theirs.

I really like the view from the Upper North. Not so keen on the leg room and narrow concourse (but if your prediction is right, no-one will care about that).

• Thanks 1

I think we have gotten too acquainted with winning all the championship games. Everything was so positive ...then we lost to the champions League finalist with possibly the world's best striker and and 60 million players all over the place and all of a sudden we are predicting home losses to Bournemouth. Balls to that. If we are gonna survive we have to be optimistic against Bournemouth. 3-1 villa Trezeguet 2 Ming's bicycle kick a la Cahill.

The prem is the prem, it's hard . We will get spanked against the top teams. We will also hand a few teams their arse at home I'm pretty sure. And shock a few along the way.

Edited by VlVA_LA_REVOLUTlON
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

I really like the view from the Upper North. Not so keen on the leg room and narrow concourse (but if your prediction is right, no-one will care about that).

That sounds fine to me! I’m not tall so I imagine the leg room won’t bother me.

My previous ST was in the Upper Holte for 10 years, but I just realised the other day that I’ve sat in the upper and lower sections of all stands except for the Upper North. Obviously I was saving my attendance in the Upper North for our league winning season :D

12 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Tyrone Mings perfect hat trick. Left foot, right foot, header. The left foot will be a screamer, the right foot will be a panenka. 

Would you accept left foot, right foot, erect penis? Is that still a perfect hatrick?

• Haha 3