Pre match thread

roonst83

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i wonder what DS's plans are for Targett & Guilbert, cus tbh im really surprised they arent getting a first team slot.

Elmo/Guilbert i can kinda understand, honestly dont get Taylor though, at all.

I also thought Jota might get the nod at home where we will have more of the ball (or should).

I was confident Luiz would start, i think thats the reason the training vid was taken down.......and thats what made me think he would start.

Guilbert and Targett wasn't bought as replacements but for competition for places.

Taylor and Elmo played well against Spurs, they've been with us for a long time, they are well drilled in DS system. No reason to change, at all.

• Like 1

This is the type of game where I'd like to see Targett come in, but Taylor was excellent last weekend. I expect us to have a bit more of the ball in this game and having full backs comfortable on the ball could decide the game either way. In Deano we trust though.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i wonder what DS's plans are for Targett & Guilbert, cus tbh im really surprised they arent getting a first team slot.

Elmo/Guilbert i can kinda understand, honestly dont get Taylor though, at all.

I also thought Jota might get the nod at home where we will have more of the ball (or should).

I was confident Luiz would start, i think thats the reason the training vis was taken down.......and thats what made me think he would start.

Guess the pressure’s on Elmo and Taylor today. If they cost us, then I can imagine Targett and especially Guilbert being livid. 

Taylor probably played his best game against Spurs last week, defensively. Hopefully we'll see him overlapping for AEG a bit more today. Smith trusts him, lets see how he performs today. Im sure he'll be out as soon as he becomes a liability.

As for Freddie, clearly not enough room on the bench for him yet. Bit unlucky for Conor, but after his perfoemance at Spurs it shows me that Douglas has been brilliant in training.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Taylor probably played his best game against Spurs last week, defensively. Hopefully we'll see him overlapping for AEG a bit more today. Smith trusts him, lets see how he performs today. Im sure he'll be out as soon as he becomes a liability.

As for Freddie, clearly not enough room on the bench for him yet. Bit unlucky for Conor, but after his perfoemance at Spurs it shows me that Douglas has been brilliant in training.

Taylor.

Attacking overlap.

🤔

Its a weird one.

i agree that both Elmo and Taylor had good games against spurs, and deserve to keep their places, and I’d love for them to continue performing well.

it is however quite disheartening that a £150m transfer window has not provided us with fullbacks that can quite literally walk into this team.

• Like 1