Pre match thread

roonst83

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Some work to do, so we'd better get started now, lads. 

Screenshot_20190815-103131.jpg

Seen this kicking about Instagram this week, we need to have +1 on the other euro section because we won the super cup! +1 more if you count our infamous inter toto cup win. 

Anyway leaving in a minute to go to the game :) get there early as parking will be a nightmare, always a sign villa are back where they belong. I’ve lumped on Mings to score first. UTV

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I have a feeling Smith will change it up a bit today, with Douglas Luiz and Targett coming in. 

Nope.

Both Elmo and Taylor did well against Spurs and they will start the game. Luiz will possibly start but i highly doubt it since Hourihane had a good game as well.

19 hours ago, gurru991 said:

First season back in the prem the only thing that matters is winning. Whether ugly or pretty it doesn't matter. Forty points is the only thing that matters. 

To you.

I think I’ve already made my ( different) view clear.

19 hours ago, TRO said:

I understand your point, but it really is all about winning....at the end of the day, I would take winning over anything else

We are going to lose 20 or more games this Season, and Draw a few.... so anyone wanting Wins is going to be disappointed maybe 25 times.

However, if our performance levels remain good, those defeats will be both more paletable, less destructive, and less likely.

In my view.

If others see it differently that’s fine, but - despite one of two raised eyebrows ( not by you my friend) - my preference is perfectly valid.

Irrelevant though as we will absolutely storm this 4-2 riding a wave of adrenaline 😀

• Like 1

It also seems like people are confused about Targett and Guilbert.

They were never meant as replacements for Taylor and Elmo but for squad depth and competition. As i see it Taylor and Elmo are still our starting fullbacks.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

On 15/08/2019 at 12:46, delboy54 said:

Remember seeing that on MOTD....I was 14.

Look at the state of the pitch in those days!, I have forgotten how bad the playing surface used to be, look at the shortness of the shorts!! and.....48 000 for a 3rd division game!

I was 14 to and there. as said how many teams got that support. Also there the night Pele came. 55,000 but that for another thread 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They were never means as replacements for Taylor and Elmo but for squad depth and competition. As i see it Taylor and Elmo are still our starting fullbacks.

I pray to McGrath you are mistaken. 

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They were never means as replacements for Taylor and Elmo but for squad depth and competition. As i see it Taylor and Elmo are still our starting fullbacks.

Plus I don't think either shone greatly in pre season.

• Like 1