Pre match thread

roonst83

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Just watched the Bournemouth Sheff Utd game, we should beat them at home they didn't look very impressive at all, Sheff Utd looked good though decent organised team.

Bournemouth do lack creative players, but are very dangerous on the counter attack. Got some pacey players.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Tayls wants each league match in our season to be numbered as 37 'cup finals' after our opening day defeat.  Tayls is damn well trying to test my patience :P  Don't be like Tayls ;)

poking-with-stick-smiley-emoticon.gif

We should be treating our home games as cup finals though, can we just do it for home games? We need to win 10 of them :D

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We should be treating our home games as cup finals though, can we just do it for home games? We need to win 10 of them :D

* adds romavillan to the list *

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Just watched the Bournemouth Sheff Utd game, we should beat them at home they didn't look very impressive at all, Sheff Utd looked good though decent organised team.

Yeah Sheff Utd were quite impressive. If they can produce that consistently they will be fine. I would really like them to stay up... as long as its not at our cost!

• Like 1

We need to keep Fraser and Wilson quiet as they’re the danger men. 

Hopefully get the win and the wheels in motion on the season. No point predicting a line up as nobody expected Elmo and Taylor to play, so could throw a curveball again.

Can’t wait to get down VP!

16 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Looking forward to this game. It will give us a clearer picture of where we are re: Premier League quality. I have high hopes.

I agree. Too many clubs seem to play their best against the top teams but Villa needs to take points from bottom half clubs like Bournemouth

• Like 1

We should not have two styles of play.

1) Against the better teams.

2) Against the lesser teams.

Dean Smith's Villa need a defined system in the same way that Nuno Santo has at Wolves.

Wolves play their own game no matter whether it's Man City or Bournemouth.

Last week was a 'park the bus' cop out because we were playing a very good team, this week has to be about the real Dean Smith team and tactics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Dean Smith's Villa need a defined system in the same way that Nuno Santo has at Wolves.

Last week was a 'park the bus' cop out because we were playing a very good team, this week has to be about the real Dean Smith team and tactics.

Like Norwich you mean? And getting spanked against the best teams every single time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Didn't we lose against Spurs, playing far less attractive football than Norwich?

Because of an individual error from Grealish in the 85th minute.

I don't know about you but i'd rather take that compered to being 4-0 down at half time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

You and I have different football philosophies villalad. Losing 3-1 and losing 4-1 are both losses, it's the ambition that entertains.

You'er not going to outplay teams that got better players than you in every position.

On 11/08/2019 at 10:52, OutByEaster? said:

I've woken up with a feeling we'll lose this one. Bournemouth are a good side and I just get a feeling we'll think it'll be easier than it will be. 

I was rather hoping after Saturday we would be well aware of the fact, it won't be.

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Dean Smith and Nuno have a defined system .

I don't believe that....I think they try to.

What the manager tells them to do and what they really do do.....is largely down to the strength or weakness of the opposition...and vice versa.

When the odd individual player is losing out against his opponent, you may get away with it, when too many are losing out you are likely to lose the game.....The top teams make it their business to dominate the ball and all their players dominate their opponent or opposite number.....they squeeze you.

We have to get used to this league.

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, BOF said:

Tayls is damn well trying to test my patience :P 

😱😱 wahhhh I would never!!  

Who was it who managed that last season for our 12 cup finals or whatever it was? 

Edited by Tayls

I think we will draw 1-1. They will take an early lead. Nervous VP until around 75th minute when Mings will pop up with a header from a corner. Cue the onslaught but we just don't manage to stick it in the back of the net again.

3 hours ago, KHV said:

I think we will lose. 

2-0 Bournemouth

Unlucky not to be 2 or 3 nil up against Spurs. Bournemouth were dreadful against Sheffield. Wilson 1 shot all game. Gosling and Brooks injured. If you're writing us off at home against Bournemouth we might as well give up on the season already