• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Jota (Trezeguet 59)
    • Kodjia (Wesley 74)
    • Luiz (Hourihane 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Perfomrance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/08/19 at 22:59

1 minute ago, roonst83 said:

*Positives*

1. Overall first half display and our counter attacking 

2.Mings & Engles

3. Elmo & Taylor stepping up 

4. McGinn

5. Trezzy looked a threat 

6. It’s Spurs away and not many teams will win there

7. We can improve 

8. Some first teamers still to come in

9. Heaton was great. He’ll win us some games on his own

*Negatives*

1. Wesley - looked weak and bullied

2. Grealish, as class as he is, needs to learn in this league you can’t **** around on the edge of the box without getting punished. It’s Spurs not Rotherham. I’m certain he will leave this and tiredness may have been a factor. 

3. Jota looked a lost soul when he came on. Looked way out of his depth. I’m putting this down to it being a difficult game and situation to come into but he’s shown better. And needs to be better. 

4. Kodjia. Useless. 

5. El Ghazi looked lively but with nothing in the end of it. Lots of step overs but looked better just trying to take players on. Think Trezzy was far effective than him and with only Wesley up to, we need to be effective in the wings. But I appreciate it’s against Spurs.

Bring on the Cherries. 

Spurs away is hard to get something. There are to many players who has not exp. to play vs pl teams it will take time but the positive is there are 37 games left and 111 points. 3 points vs bournemouth would be excellent start. This is going to be tough season.

• Like 2

Dean seemed to know where our shortfalls are and it was plain to see....I thought for 70 minutes we frustrated them, even though our shortfalls were clear to see.

it summed it up for me when Harry kane said in an interview, he has played with Eriksen for 6 years.

It will take time to improve,to the next level, we have to understand that.

This season will require a Lot of patience from us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was over the moon at half-time. Leading and not overly outplayed.

Second half was a nightmare. Under pressure on our own half all the time. Totally hammered, and then the compulsory melt-down in the end.

Don't know what to think of this performance going forward. Probably best not to think anything and see again next week.

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Plenty of people happy with how it went. Just read back through the thread.

I know, I'm one of them. I was making a snarky remark to someone making a snarky remark about him missing snarky remarks over the summer. Not suprised you got confused 😀

I thought we did really well first half, kept them to 1 real chance. Ran out of steam 2nd half and made some silly errors against a very, very good team. 

Nobody who thinks we did pretty well is saying it was a close game...they ran out comfortable winners in the end. 

We have 12 new players...it may take us 10 games to get going, so judgement should maybe reserved until we see more than 90 minutes versus the like of spurs away from home.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I didn't get to watch the game today.

Do people think targett, Guilbert and Luiz or Nakamba should come in for Bournemouth?, or did the starters today keep them out of the team?

Its a difficult one.....they were light years ahead of us in terms of pressing and movement.....but we frustrated them for long periods, despite being out possessed.

I was disappointed in Jack the most, which is a rare thing to say.

certain players played well under the circumstances and some were disappointing.

Heaton, Mings, Engels & McGinn were impressive......but the top 6 are going to prove tricky to us this season.....The gulf in quality on the ball is alarming.

Edited by TRO

Engels and Mings very good, Grealish had moments of quality but mistakes cost dear, Elghazi tried too much, McGinn good, full backs professional but nothing more, second half was too defensive overall. Wesley was fine don’t get the anger, did all he could. 

Need more practice at counterattacking, something we did nothing of last year. 

We’ll be alright I reckon.

Just now, TRO said:

Its a difficult one.....they were light years ahead of us in terms of pressing and movement.....but we frustrated them for long periods, despite being out possessed.

I was disappointed in Jack the most, which is a rare thing to say.

certain players played well under the circumstances and some were disappointing.

Heaton, Mings, Engels & McGinn were impressive......but the top 6 are going to prove tricky to us this season.....The quality on the ball is alarming.

whats concerning is that we have been saying we will "be a ball playing team" in the prem, win, lose or draw.

Have we just shot that out of the window after one match?, as we didnt even try to play that way did we?, we just played on the break?

**** off. Deserved to win. We are the greatest team the world has ever seen. We’ll still win the league. McGinn is an absolute beast despite being the whitest member of the squad - because being a beast is the most non-racial quality there is. In Deano we trust UTV

• Haha 2

Spurs are on a different level to us. They kicked on a level at half time and eventually got a breakthrough as we struggled to string anything together. There's a lot of positives to take from the match and the season won't be defined by games like that.

• Like 3

Wesley needs to cut out the sulking. And fast. I don't buy into this he was been treated harshly line. Sanchez and Alderweireld were very physical with him but i seen nothing wrong. Sitting down on your arse throwing a strop while the game goes on won't cut it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Taylor did well today, but everytime he gets the ball I feel he is a fuckup waiting to happen. I just don't want him in the team

He didn't play bad but he is hesitant and is unreliable to go for the return ball when he plays the ball to the winger....the play stalls, because he passes and stays back, lacks confidence.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Wesley needs to cut out the sulking. And fast. I don't buy into this he was been treated harshly line. Sanchez and Alderweireld were very physical with him but i seen nothing wrong. Sitting down on your arse throwing a strop while the game goes on won't cut it.

Its early days of course.....i was expecting to see a beast physically, listening to earlier reports.....Apart from good work for our goal, i didn't see much of a beast at all.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its early days of course.....i was expecting to see a beast physically, listening to earlier reports.....Apart from good work for our goal, i didn't see much of a beast at all.

I'd say the tightness of defenders in this league probably shocked him. Way more loose in Belgium id imagine.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

A lot of people on here not understanding the gap between the top six clubs and the rest of the premier league. Its huge. 

So maybe we should just have forfeited the match and saved on the travel/hotel expenses?

• Confused 1

Â