Jean-Kevin Augustin

alreadyexists

Don't know too much about him either but he has good stats for minutes played, did well in the youth teams for France, and was very highly regarded in PSG's academy. I think £15mil for him is better value than £20mil for Maupay tbh, even if he hasn't played as many games over the last two seasons.

Him and Benrahma would be two very good signings to end the transfer window and give us a lot of options going forward. 

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If there's any truth in that Belotti rumour that would be one hell of a signing to pull off, but if we end up with Augustin I'll still be pretty happy.

Que the Kenneth Williams gifs :wave:

From the little I've seen of him and Leao they seem quite similar, in that they're both the pacey type who can also play on the wing, so makes sense that if were after one we might be interested in the other. He'd fill the criterial of an 'ambitious signing' as well.

Posted in the main transfer thread but better off in here -

Looking at Augustin’s first season at Liepzig, he scored 9 across 25 appearances, or if you add up his total playing time just over 14 games. Second top goal scorer for Leipzig, plus another 5 assists.

For comparison purposes. Werner was their top scorer, netting 13 goals in 32 appearances (just under 28 “full” games when added up). Werner provided 7 assists.

In terms of stats, Augustin was quite comparable to Wener, arguably better. Looks like he’s been reduced to a more bit part player for whatever reason.

32 minutes ago, av1 said:

Seems more realistic than Bellotti

This would make more sense to me.

From what I’ve read about him, Belotti would be here as the main striker, but it feels like that’s a dead cert for Wes. 

Augustin is the sort of up and coming player I was expecting us to be in for, probably not an automatic starter (to begin with) but someone who will give Wes a run for his money for the starting spot up front. Also if he can play out wide that’s another big plus.

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the new manager only started work in June

Then he really doesn’t like the look of him haha! Seriously though I like the look of this guy, he looks very confident. 

Edited by Killeen30

21 minutes ago, thunderball said:

A thread based on “considering a move”. Wow, I hope VillaTalk has some server capacity.

Anyway, this Villareport can’t be trusted, they get so much wrong

Other people have said this before. Villareport just aggregates other sources. That's it

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Jean ? FFS are we signing girls now ? ...we need a couple of Albert's, Arthur s, George's !

Seriously .. incredibly feeble link - but he certainly fits the profile. Hope this one comes off.

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

This is the type of player I was expected us to sign. Not huge money and someone who can play anywhere across the front 3. 

Great for squid depth. 

It’s Augustine not Langoustine....

...apologies if that one has been done.

Â