Travel to game

Mark_1989

Hi guys, not sure if the correct place to post but ahwell. I got myself a single ticket for spurs away so travelling on own. Anyone got any advice how to beat get to the game from Birmingham? I’m planning on driving and catching a train/tube in. Any recommendations on best possible route to take? Cheers

• Like 1

We are getting train to Euston from New St at 11am,was thinking of driving but doesnt seem alot of parking round the ground,could always park Watford and get tube/train into London maybe?

I'm getting train to Euston. £10 each way with the virgin train discount you get as season ticket holder. Google "avfc virgin trains". There are cheaper trains as well, though may take a bit longer.

Have driven previously. Parked on street by Turkey Street tube station (just off M25) for free. 4 stops on overground to WHL.

Edited by tomsky_11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

I've found a big Ikea and Tesco about 25 minutes walk away. Both have free parking and open until late. Anybody parked there before?

You might want to check max stay, Most retail/commercial stores have max 2hr stays! 

On 02/08/2019 at 14:43, Okonokos said:

I've found a big Ikea and Tesco about 25 minutes walk away. Both have free parking and open until late. Anybody parked there before?

I’ve parked at the Ikea before there was about 7 hours limit then.

• Thanks 1

On 07/08/2019 at 15:20, USA_Villa said:

My trip to the ground will be as follows (And I am not complaining one bit):

Friday

• 2 hour drive from New Jersey to JFK Airport
  • 7 Hour overnight flight from JFK to LHR - Arrive early Sat AM

Saturday

• Uber to Heathrow Hotel - Change and Shower
  • Uber to Richmond Station
  • 1.25 hour Overground Journey to Whitehart Lane
  • Watch Game
  • Reverse journey - Back in JFK on Sunday

Can't Wait.

Look at jumping on the Piccadilly line from Heathrow to Finsbury Park, then Victoria to Seven Sisters and then one last hop on the overground (or a 30 minute walk) to White Hart Lane. Save yourself the massive Uber fee to Richmond and about 45 minutes.

Although it is about 45 minutes literally underground, which is grim I admit. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

19 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Look at jumping on the Piccadilly line from Heathrow to Finsbury Park, then Victoria to Seven Sisters and then one last hop on the overground (or a 30 minute walk) to White Hart Lane. Save yourself the massive Uber fee to Richmond and about 45 minutes.

Although it is about 45 minutes literally underground, which is grim I admit. 

Thanks for the recommendation. Depart in about an hour and a half.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2019 at 17:49, terrytini said:

I’ve parked at the Ikea before there was about 7 hours limit then.

And you can drop in for meatballs and a book shelf. Win/win!

• Haha 1

I usually drive and park up in Harlow and get the rattler in. It's about 15 mins walk to the Lane. Only problem is your surrounded by Spurs fans all the way. Usually have few beers in Harlow before. 

Harlow is shite btw 

15 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Depart in about an hour and a half.

If you're up for a 25 minute walk you could go Piccadilly to Finsbury Park, then Victoria to Tottenham Hale instead. Keep it nice and simple. 

Not sure what the weather is going to be like though 🤔

On 02/08/2019 at 16:32, tomsky_11 said:

Have driven previously. Parked on street by Turkey Street tube station (just off M25) for free. 4 stops on overground to WHL.

Brilliant advice 👍👍never done it that way before but I’m there now it’s perfect 👍👍

• Like 1

On 10/08/2019 at 05:25, alreadyexists said:

Morning @USA_Villa hope you made it and your journey is on schedule. How was the flight? Enjoy the game!

Thanks. Yes, made it to the game. Had a 30-minute walk from Seven Sisters tube station, but other than that a great day despite the result. Great stadium, team played very well under pressure. Sitting in Heathrow now waiting for the flight back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USA_Villa said:

Thanks. Yes, made it to the game. Had a 30-minute walk from Seven Sisters tube station, but other than that a great day despite the result. Great stadium, team played very well under pressure. Sitting in Heathrow now waiting for the flight back.

Nice one mate! Have a safe journey back

Â