Doing a Fulham

KentVillan

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

The biggest concern is most of these players who came in to villa were 2nd or third choice. smith wanted phillips from leeds butland from stoke and some spanish winger mentioned in the evening mail (instead of the laughably named trezouget). and probably abraham back. He had to make do with compromises. Just like lambert who had tapped up  lukaku and coutiniho only to be told "paddy reilly says cost too much tonev's stats look impressive for bulgarian league"

If the owners are so rich why are they moaning about 5 million quid here or there? 

At liverpool Klop wanted Van dyke there was no plan b if saints said no so they blew them out the water and now they have an awesome team that never loses.

I am going to take a stab in the dark and say that your 2nd and 3rd choice theories are based on 2nd and 3rd hand information, at best.

"Some Spanish winger"

"and probably Abraham back"

Excuse me for being direct and perhaps offensive, I understand conviction doesn't necessarily equate to truth, but it doesn't come across as factual when the detail is so vague.

I am also inclined to think you might've missed the mark because from my understanding, we were very much in for Coutinho and talks were under way.

Then Liverpool came in, Inter were happy with and accepted the bid, the player was more than happy to go there rather than here. End of.

And to go on.. Phillips might turn out to be some player, personally I rate Luiz much higher, but Phillips wasn't picked up by anyone, the fee for him was considerable.

Butland may've been first choice, I don't know or care, Heaton has been immense for us, that's something I will vouch for. Some world class saves, not many blunders, if any.

Of course we would've had Abraham back, I told this forum he would cut it in the Premier League and look at his form right now. As with Coutinho, it's out of our hands.

One more stab at your post then I'm done, I promise, Klopp wanted a CB and Southampton were playing hard ball? I think some parallels can be drawn with Villa..

A certain Villa acquisition by the name of Tyrone rings a bell. Bournemouth stance was cough up or he stays, we sign him, he gets an England call-up within weeks. Ha!

"You're a natural, ain't ya Tyrone?"

"'Course I am"

Fortunately our Tyrone is a natural at what he does, I'm not so sure about the one from Snatch.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, screwdriver said:

The biggest concern is most of these players who came in to villa were 2nd or third choice. smith wanted phillips from leeds butland from stoke and some spanish winger mentioned in the evening mail (instead of the laughably named trezouget). and probably abraham back. He had to make do with compromises. Just like lambert who had tapped up  lukaku and coutiniho only to be told "paddy reilly says cost too much tonev's stats look impressive for bulgarian league"

If the owners are so rich why are they moaning about 5 million quid here or there? 

At liverpool Klop wanted Van dyke there was no plan b if saints said no so they blew them out the water and now they have an awesome team that never loses.

as you appear privy to our transfer plans over the summer, would you mind sharing the name of the mystery french striker that we couldn't get in the end?

or any of our other supposed 1st choices for that matter. you indicate 'most' were 2nd or 3rd choice. so who was our first choice left back? or CDM? or CB? or winger?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Smith has said in interviews he wanted maupay but "the figures were too big"

now we have no cover for centre forward now Kodjia is injured again. disgrACE. Jesus should answers some big questions.

and the owners. if they're so rich why did they put the season ticket prices up? Football is all about TV money the season ticket money is chicken feed.

I think this is a case of meet the new boss same as the old boss. I bet they put fake V8 badges on their cars.

Everyone knows Villa needed players. Well the best plan would be to sign a first 11 solid prem players like James McCarthy and Andros Townsend and Charlie Austin. Just like Brucio did when we were in the champ filled the squad with solid players like Whelan Jedi and Snod. Then you can use the unknown forigeners as squad filler and hope 1 or two come off.

This is a solid plan not a massive gamble like whats happened.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

now we have no cover for centre forward now Kodjia is injured again. disgrACE. Jesus should answers some big questions.

and the owners. if they're so rich why did they put the season ticket prices up? Football is all about TV money the season ticket money is chicken feed.

I think this is a case of meet the new boss same as the old boss. I bet they put fake V8 badges on their cars.

Everyone knows Villa needed players. Well the best plan would be to sign a first 11 solid prem players like James McCarthy and Andros Townsend and Charlie Austin. Just like Brucio did when we were in the champ filled the squad with solid players like Whelan Jedi and Snod. Then you can use the unknown forigeners as squad filler and hope 1 or two come off.

Dog What GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Agreed. We should have chucked £250m at it, bought a load of Championship players just as unproven and prayed to God we didn't get relegated and do a Bolton.

• Haha 1

Austin has zero goals this season for west Brom, in the Championship.

Townsend has zero goals or assists for Palace in 5 games

James McCarthy has 3 sub appearances (41 minutes in total) so far with a WhoScored average 6.25

Jedinak was signed by RDM...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Holy Shit!

Nurse!!!!!!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

so much of what you write points to you being a troll!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Big Sam would get a semi reading this.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, screwdriver said:

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, screwdriver said:

If you read today Klopp had 4 options if Van Dijk didnt go through

11 minutes ago, useless said:

After five games last season, Fulham had exactly the same points total as we have now. I guess Burnley, Newcastle and West Ham are the teams we can take heart from as they all had even less points than we have at the moment but went on to survive quite comfortably.

The whole league was different. 

5th was 10 points, same as 2nd this season. 

GD were -9 and -7 yet most this season -6.

Anyway, Fulham are an attacking side, we're a defensive side that alone change the whole equation.