Doing a Fulham

KentVillan

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You literally said you think we might be doing a Fulham.  Bed wetting.

Well now the transfer window is closed, doing a fulham is going down. 

I said we might be, as we sit 18th, after playing badly. I don't think that's crazy over the top bed wetting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You literally said you think we might be doing a Fulham.  Bed wetting.

Why’s that bed wetting? Perhaps pessimistic but we could easily go down, League is very strong this year imo. Unless I’m misunderstanding what “doing a Fulham” means.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Why’s that bed wetting? Perhaps pessimistic but we could easily go down, League is very strong this year imo. Unless I’m misunderstanding what “doing a Fulham” means.

Exactly. 

I've said previously that 17th would be massive success. Yet thinking 18th might happen is bed wetting. 

Laughable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisVillan said:

Getting relegated does not equal doing a Fulham.

Ding ding.

Edit:  Although, to be fair, it's more the over-the-top reactionary stuff that happens every after single game.  We're now doing a Fulham after 1 bad performance.  I'd wager that, after the Everton game, we would not be doing a Fulham.

Edited by bobzy

Now I remember why I stayed away from on topic while we were in the PL before. I thought we'd have called down and rolled with the punches after what we've been through. Every result is either the end of the world or the start of a glorious run.

Horrendous refereeing and crazy mistakes against Bournemouth robbed us of 2-4 points and we'd be sitting comfortably. We do look somewhat toothless in attack but even then we score in every game. We used to go on like 10 game runs without scoring under Lambert and we used to still stay up  :crylaugh:. Let's just calm down and see where we are at Christmas.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

Getting relegated does not equal doing a Fulham.

You're correct.

This thread got bumped, hence I posted in here. 

To clarify, I think we might go down and i have some worries. Not sure that is bed wetting. 

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Ding ding.

Edit:  Although, to be fair, it's more the over-the-top reactionary stuff that happens every after single game.  We're now doing a Fulham after 1 bad performance.  I'd wager that, after the Everton game, we would not be doing a Fulham.

Did you tell people who were positive after Everton that they were way over the top? Or is it just anyone who might post something negative that you go for on your quest for realistic posts?

It’s our results at villa park that will mainly make or break us - I think we need to win at least 9 home games and pick up a few points here and there - I don’t expect us to win many away from home .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Now I remember why I stayed away from on topic while we were in the PL before. I thought we'd have called down and rolled with the punches after what we've been through. Every result is either the end of the world or the start of a glorious run.

Horrendous refereeing and crazy mistakes against Bournemouth robbed us of 2-4 points and we'd be sitting comfortably. We do look somewhat toothless in attack but even then we score in every game. We used to go on like 10 game runs without scoring under Lambert and we used to still stay up  :crylaugh:. Let's just calm down and see where we are at Christmas.

I don't think anyone is going over the top and needs to calm down. 

Surely people can react to each result. 

No one is calling for the managers head. No one is saying it's all over. No one is saying players should never play again. 

It's quite subdued concerns and then others getting on their high horses about it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Exactly. 

I've said previously that 17th would be massive success. Yet thinking 18th might happen is bed wetting. 

Laughable. 

To be fair, there's not much difference between 17th and 18th, so whichever it is, (if that's what it is... and you did say you'd be happy with 17th), we will have been fairly shit all season and lost loads of games. As such, not much point worrying really if there's only going to be one place in it.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Did you tell people who were positive after Everton that they were way over the top? Or is it just anyone who might post something negative that you go for on your quest for realistic posts?

Your condescending tone of posting has been pointed out on here many times by other posters - but you don't change at all.  It doesn't add any value to the forums and the relentlessness of your badgering afterwards is tiring and dull.  Perhaps heed a lesson from it.  I doubt you will.

In any case, I'll make this a final response to you for the duration of my time on here.  I don't remember any comments that were over the top after the Everton victory.  I don't recall people thinking we would qualify for Europe or anything like that, but I could be wrong.  There is plenty of panicking after the Palace game, though.  For me, it's been one bad performance out of 4 games and, whilst we have issues (as does every other team) I think it's too early to be writing off a new team as getting relegated and/or doing a Fulham.

Enjoy.

• Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I don't think anyone is going over the top and needs to calm down. 

Surely people can react to each result. 

No one is calling for the managers head. No one is saying it's all over. No one is saying players should never play again. 

It's quite subdued concerns and then others getting on their high horses about it. 

People are talking about relegation and how we're in the bottom 3 etc. We were always relegation candidates just like 11 other teams. Nobody was talking about relegation a game ago after we beat Everton. It's 4 games, we don't know how things are going to pan out. Wolves for example can easily be below us and in the relegation zone at the end of the week. They won't suddenly be worried about relegation. It's a long season. A couple of worrying signs and poor results, but we're not any significantly worse than any of our rivals right now. We're still in wait and see territory.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Your condescending tone of posting has been pointed out on here many times by other posters - but you don't change at all.  It doesn't add any value to the forums and the relentlessness of your badgering afterwards is tiring and dull.  Perhaps heed a lesson from it.  I doubt you will.

In any case, I'll make this a final response to you for the duration of my time on here.  I don't remember any comments that were over the top after the Everton victory.  I don't recall people thinking we would qualify for Europe or anything like that, but I could be wrong.  There is plenty of panicking after the Palace game, though.  For me, it's been one bad performance out of 4 games and, whilst we have issues (as does every other team) I think it's too early to be writing off a new team as getting relegated and/or doing a Fulham.

Enjoy.

Haha wow. From the man who comes on this thread to call people bed wetters. Tells others they are condescending. Brilliant. 

From Lambert all the way to Bruce. You've gone out of your way to mock anyone who dares offer a negative opinion. And as you've shown in this thread, there has been no change here. The tones of my posts match to who I'm posting to. 

Plenty on here who I have a lot of respect and time for and then posters like yourself. 

Edited by DCJonah

Just now, Keyblade said:

People are talking about relegation and how we're in the bottom 3 etc. We were always relegation candidates just like 11 other teams. Nobody was talking about relegation a game ago after we beat Everton. It's 4 games, we don't know how things are going to pan out. Wolves for example can easily be below us and in the relegation zone at the end of the week. They won't suddenly be worried about relegation. It's a long season. A couple of worrying signs and poor results, but we're not any significantly worse than any of our rivals right now. We're still in wait and see territory.

Exactly. 

So why is it bed wetting or needing to calm down if you think it's a possibility now?

We've lost three out of four games and are in the relegation zone with minus  two goal difference, I couldn't have imagined a worse start in my wildest thoughts, and I'm someone who at the start of the season would have been content for us just to survive. Of course people are going to be concerned,  and Im sure Smith is too.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

To be fair, there's not much difference between 17th and 18th, so whichever it is, (if that's what it is... and you did say you'd be happy with 17th), we will have been fairly shit all season and lost loads of games. As such, not much point worrying really if there's only going to be one place in it.

I think I'll be worried most of the season. I think we will be in a real fight this year and we should be. If we survive it will be a great achievement.