Penalties 19/20

LoughboroughLion

Watching the Walsall friendly it looked as if Hourihane was preparing himself to take the penalty but Wesley strolled over, collected the ball, put it down and picked his spot in the net.

I'd guess Wesley is on spot kick duty - seems to have a lot of confidence about himself.

Gotta be Wesley, not only was he oozing with confidence the way he took that one against Walsall, but I think its important to keep your striker ticking over in the goals column. 

If your striker isn't scoring regularly it starts to affect his game, we need to try and keep Wesley on the ball.

Plus with VAR this season there will be more penalties than ever, I'm expecting all sorts of records to be broken in penalties being awarded like in the world cup there seemed to be 1 or 2 every game

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Gotta be Wesley, not only was he oozing with confidence the way he took that one against Walsall, but I think its important to keep your striker ticking over in the goals column. 

If your striker isn't scoring regularly it starts to affect his game, we need to try and keep Wesley on the ball.

Plus with VAR this season there will be more penalties than ever, I'm expecting all sorts of records to be broken in penalties being awarded like in the world cup there seemed to be 1 or 2 every game

He certainly put it away with aplomb and for that and the reasons you mention he would be my first choice. That said, it was one of those slow casual run ups (not quite a stutter) which personally I am not a fan of. I was never totally convinced with Tammy to be honest.

49 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The order for me, bearing in mind who is on the pitch at any time:

1. Wesley

2. Kodjia

3. Hourihane

4. Grealish

However there are possible shouts for Jota, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, McGinn or Luiz.

This would be my pick too

I’m up for it. I remember one time when I played semi pro I was just breaking in to the first team as a youngster we had a shoot out and I put my hand up to take one my manger ignored me until no one else put there hand up, anyway I smashed my pen into the top corner and after that I was picked first. So yeah I’m game to take one

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well if it's anything like my old Sunday League team it'll be whoever wins the penalties competition the week before the season starts.

Something tells me it's probably not like my old Sunday League team though........

It may explain Whelan vs Preston...

• Haha 2

I think Wesley will be the pen taker if on the pitch. 

This is about right IMO.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

The order for me, bearing in mind who is on the pitch at any time:

1. Wesley

2. Kodjia

3. Hourihane

4. Grealish

I was never too confident with the Tammy pens. Even the winning pen in the shoot out against West Brom was poor. 

With VAR in this year I think the number of pens is going to rise so we need to take ours when they come. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Other leagues  that now have VAR would suggest VAR does not increase number of penalties. You forget that VAR will also take away the unfairly given penatlies

Â