U23 Development League 2019/2020

BOF

Tranmere stats updated.  First matchday squad appearance for the Sohna twins.  Midfielder Harrison coming off the bench in the 90th minute to replace Jack Birch & defender Myles remaining an unused sub.  Villa bow out of the competition.

On 13/10/2019 at 21:23, sir_gary_cahill said:

Our u23s are playing Fulham u23s at Villa Park tomorrow, 7pm kick off, hopefully it’ll be on YouTube

It seems Villas Twitter and YouTube channels have given up with the kids ever since they started the marketing push for the womens team. 

• Sad 1

Such a pity the club haven't pushed this game - Kodjia, Hause, Chester and Kalinic all playing in this one and given how difficult it is for a family to get tickets to Villa Park at the moment, it would have been an opportunity to get a few hundred in to experience it.

• Like 3

Stats updated.  An uncharacteristically experienced first 11 saw us beat Fulham.  'Youngsters' Kalinic, Hause & Kodjia came into the team alongside James Chester, but it was late substitute Vassilev who got the only goal.  An average age of 22.67 y/o for the first 11 is comfortably the oldest this season and it's hard to see that being beaten.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’re winning 1-0 against Reading u23s, Jacob Ramsey scored

Good that we’re winning, but I was hoping with it being a Cup game and with Jack possibly injured, Ramsey would get game time on Weds night for the first team 

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Good that we’re winning, but I was hoping with it being a Cup game and with Jack possibly injured, Ramsey would get game time on Weds night for the first team 

I was hoping this too but it doesn’t look likely, he played the whole match last night 

• Like 1

Stats updated after the 3-3 with Reading.  Ramsey seems to be out-growing the U23s despite only being 18.  Maybe a loan in January would do him good.  The 2 Uniteds march on at the top of the table.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Stats updated after the 3-3 with Reading.  Ramsey seems to be out-growing the U23s despite only being 18.  Maybe a loan in January would do him good.  The 2 Uniteds march on at the top of the table.

I think you are correct about Ramsey

I've deen absent from this thread for a while - profound apologies 🙁  if I post questions that have been answered

I note the name of Aaron Ramsey is missing from your birthday list in the OP ?

He has just come on as a sub for England U17 against Spain (1-1) -  Carney Chukwuemeka was unused sub. And have investigated - and can find no DOB for Carney .

• Thanks 1