U23 Development League 2019/2020

BOF

27 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Well suck me, beautiful.

I've just spent the last 15 minutes looking through it. The text commentary goes back to the start of last season. But nothing for the cup games. Why haven't the club told anybody about this.

Anyway, just a quick reminder that the team play Salford tonight in the EFL Trophy (the old Sherpa Van/Leyland DAF; the one Wolves/Blues's first team won).

Is it on YouTube?

Sunderland stats updated.  First win of the season.  Goal and assist for Ramsey in a 2-1.  I also fixed Searle's nationality *oops* ... :) The 2 big hitters this season, Man U & West Ham draw 2-2.

• Thanks 1

Well it finished 2-0 to Salford.

Our line-up was
Searle, Walker(c), Rowe, Revan, Suliman, Birch, Tait, Clarke, Brunt, Wright, Archer subs: Philogene-Bidace, Marchall, Guy, Bridge, Hayden, Pressley, Chukwuemeka

• Thanks 1

Premier League Cup draw has been made.  We're in Group D alongside Portsmouth, Doncaster Rovers and the winner of Cambridge Utd & Exeter City.

Fixtures/dates not yet confirmed.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BOF said:

Premier League Cup draw has been made.  We're in Group D alongside Portsmouth, Doncaster Rovers and the winner of Cambridge Utd & Exeter City.

Fixtures/dates not yet confirmed.

Thanks BOF

At least Pompy, Donny & Exeter have their own academy twitter feeds so we should be able to get some match information!

So no Birmingham Senior Cup this year ☹

16 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Thanks BOF

At least Pompy, Donny & Exeter have their own academy twitter feeds so we should be able to get some match information!

So no Birmingham Senior Cup this year ☹

Yeah I hadn't realised that.  Seems we opted out of it to go for the Checkatrade instead.  It's the more senior/competitive trophy so it makes sense from a sporting POV.

I've replaced the Birmingham Senior Cup with the EFL Trophy in the front page stats.  As our group originally contained Bury and they're no longer in the league, we're down to potentially just 2 group games and an immediate elimination.

We've already lost 2-0 to Salford, and the next tie in the group is Villa away to Tranmere.  Two go through from the three, but our fate is not in our hands.  You would think we'll need to win in Prenton Park because Tranmere are the strongest side in the group and you'd fance them against Salford.

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 12:07, BOF said:

Linky

Exeter City’s under-23 team have qualified for the group stages of this season’s Premier League Cup following a victory over Cambridge United on Tuesday

Exeter it is then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

The teamsheet should be interesting for this one, it might give some clues to the league cup team for Wednesday.

I can't see much cross-over.  There's enough on the first team bench to rotate on Wednesday without impacting the U23s.

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

I can't see much cross-over.  There's enough on the first team bench to rotate on Wednesday without impacting the U23s.

On second thoughts, I'm talking out of my behind. Both Archer and Ramsey played in the U23 game before the last round of the league cup. Both where on the bench for the Crewe league cup game.